Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction. 6. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
7. Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
a) All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
b) All room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments, and location.
c) All room rates, special packages, and promotions.
d) Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
e) Room availability status for any given day.
f) Scheduled daily group activities. 8. Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies.
g) Keep bank secure at all times.
9. Meet with Supervisor to review daily assignments and priorities.
10. Meet with departing Front Desk Agent to review business status and follow up items.
11. Access all functions of computer system.
12. Set up work station with necessary supplies.
13. Answer department telephone within ___ rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
14. Promote positive guest relations to all individuals approaching the Front Desk.
15. Process all guest check-ins. JOB DESCRIPTION DEPARTMENT: Front Desk POSITION: Representative 16. Confirm reservation in system and review all noted information.
17. For guests without a reservation, sell a room type agreed upon.
18. Register guest in the computer and generate a registration card.
19. Verify registration card information with the guest.
20. Obtain back-up information for guest credit/payment method and input into system; collect cash when designated.
21. Assign guest room.
22. Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
23. Inform guest of room safe and mini-bar key and room key procedures.
24. Issue parking passes/validate valet parking tickets.
25. Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
26. Obtain proper identification for tax exempt guests and attach form to registration card.
27. Direct Bell Person to escort guest and transport their luggage to the room.
28. Maintain guest history files on all guests.
29. Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and delivery of amenities.
30. Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their requirements (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
31. File registration cards and vouchers in bucket by room number.
32. Handle overbooked or “walked” guests.
33. Accommodate room changes.
34. Document all guest requests, complaints or problems.
35. Take, record, and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
36. Offer detailed information on the voice mail system to callers and guests wishing to leave message. 37. Accept and record wake-up call requests; deliver to PBX.
38. Issue safe deposit boxes to guests and ensure security of keys. 39. Distribute all guest and department mail.
40. Monitor, send, and distribute guest faxes.
41. Document and confirm reservations and cancellations.
42. Block rooms in computer and follow through on designated requirements.
43. Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
44. Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery).
45. Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly reports. 46. Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping.
47. Match the bucket check to in-house guest ledger report; report discrepancies to Manager.
48. Process all check-outs.
49. Resolve any late charges.
50. Present folio to guest and resolve any disputed charges.
51. Settle guest accounts. 52. Retrieve guest room key from guest.
53. Solicit guest comments on their stay.
54. Process express check-outs.
55. Handle requests for late check-outs.
56. Conduct group check-ins/outs.
57. Assist all departments/executives in obtaining appropriate information regarding groups, inventory and guest information.
58. File guest room keys and ensure the safe keeping of keys at the Front Desk.
59. Adhere to all cashiering procedures:
60. Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, miscellaneous charges.
61. Make change for guests.
62. Cash guests' personal checks/travelers checks.
63. Post charges.
64. Run closing reports.
65. Count and secure bank.
66. Complete designated cashier reports.
67. Balance receipts.
68. Drop receipts.
69. Document pertinent information in the log book.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assist PBX with switchboard duties.
2. Assist with Reservations calls. Handle all Reservation calls after p.m.; process, record and follow up any details relative to such.
3. Provide Concierge service when no Concierge is available.
4. Assist in other Front Desk areas as assigned.
5. Provide guest room tours.
6. Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager
Check-in/check-out hotel guests courteously and efficiently; process all payments according to established hotel requirements. Provide information and assistance to all guests and visitors.
Deerfield Beach, FL
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: No
Entry Level: Yes