Front Desk Agent
Location: US - MN - Minneapolis
Minneapolis, MN, US 55403
You'll want to work with us
A career with us will be a rewarding one because we aim for a collaborative culture of excellence. Our Associates take pride in the work they do and, in return, we take pride in them. We know that great teamwork lies at the heart of our success and of our guests’ satisfaction. We set high expectations for our Associates, based on the Millennium core values of mutual respect, honesty, innovation and accountability and will provide you with opportunities to grow, both professionally and personally.
As our Front Desk Agent, you will be responsible for performing a variety of guest service activities in an exceptionally friendly, professional and efficient manner. Duties will include registering guests, assigning rooms, settling guest accounts and coordinating with other departments to satisfy guest requests.
What you can help us do: Create 100% guest satisfaction by providing efficient and effective front desk service by using a positive and clear speaking voice, responding with appropriate action and providing accurate information.
What you will be doing
Your every day:
- Greeting guests and processing hotel registration
- Provides guests with assistance at the front desk during the check-in and check-out processes and throughout their stay
- Keeps current on and promotes hotel accommodations, services and area attractions
- Responds to customer inquiries for information
- Arranges for services requested by the guest by working with other departments as appropriate
- Stays current with developments in the hotel by reviewing and updating the communication log
- Offers guests updated rooms and promotes hotel amenities, food & beverage outlets and services
- Processes customer credit at check-in in accordance with hotel policy
- Identifies and records special billing instructions and notifies Accounting
- Obtains appropriate approvals and signatures
- Follows hotel policy on cash banks
What you need to perform this job successfully:
- OPERA/PMS Systems experience preferred
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner and respond with timeliness.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
This job description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to do this job successfully.