Front Desk Agent
The Loews Atlanta Hotel is seeking a Front Desk Agent to join our team. Loews Atlanta Hotel offers 414 supremely comfortable guest rooms, including 44 suites, all of which are luxuriously appointed and are furnished to suit the needs of both families and business travelers. Loews Atlanta Hotel features 40,000+ square feet of versatile indoor function space. For more information about the Loews Atlanta Hotel please visit http://www.loewshotels.com/atlanta-hotel/.
The Front Desk Agent is a key member of the Front Office team and will work closely with department team members to deliver amazing products and services to our guests.
More specifically, job duties include:
- Welcome and register guests in an outstanding friendly, professional, and efficient manner, assigning rooms which satisfy all special requests
- Obtain necessary credit and payment information from guests
- Provide check cashing and foreign currency conversion for hotel guests
- Coordinate with other hotel departments to satisfy guest requests
- Provide detailed information about hotel facilities and operating hours
- Adhere completely to all Loews Hotels Star Service Standards
- Sell rooms in accordance with Front Desk sales strategies
- Receive and transmit guest messages
- Perform check-out and cash handling activities in accordance with all hotel cashiering and credit policies
- Distribute and coordinate completion of SQS survey cards during guest check-out
- Read Group Profiles and Banquet Event information on a daily basis
- Maintain the cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintains clean and excellent condition of Front Desk area
- Maintains proper stock of all supplies in Front Office
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Notifies appropriate individuals and departments of any problems or unusual matters of significance
- Attends all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guest, employees and management
- Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
- Complies with all hotel standards, policies, and rules
- Complies with safety regulations and procedures
- Must possess general knowledge of hotel departments, excellent communication skills (oral and written), excellent guest service skills and knowledge of computer programs utilized in property management.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to stand for an eight-hour shift.
- Minimum one year experience at a comparable quality property required.
- Commitment to the highest levels of hospitality, staff development and guest relations.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V