Delivering hospitality, creating value... every customer, every time is our guarantee not only to our external guests, but to our team members. At Davidson, we know that is the people who operate our hotels that make the difference between average and exceptional performance. Our goal is to recruit, hire, train, support and retain the best hotel team members in the industry. We seek motivated team members who have a passion for service, know how to have fun and desire to provide legendary service. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, and 401k retirement plan. When you join Davidson Hotels & Resorts, you become family. Join us today!
Delivering Hospitality, Creating Value, Every Customer, Every Time
Davidson Hotels & Resorts is one of the largest and most successful independent hotel management companies in the industry. The combined experience of our team represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success. We are committed to making Davidson a great place to work and provide the foundation for building successful careers. If you share our passion for delivering hospitality where details matter, apply today to join our team!
Established in 1974, Davidson Hotels & Resorts is a leader in the hospitality industry and a rapidly growing hotel company. We offer full service hospitality management, development, acquisition, accounting, and consulting expertise for the lodging industry. Our portfolio of hotels is focused on 3 and 4 star properties such as Hilton, Embassy Suites, Doubletree, Renaissance, Marriott, Westin, Sheraton, Hyatt Regency, Radisson and impressive Independent and Select Service Hotels.
Our Sheraton Stamford Downtown has an exciting CAREER opportunity! We are currently searching for a team player to join our Front Office Team as a Front Desk Agent.
With 379 guest rooms and 20,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, our property provides a sophisticated and upscale ambiance, excellent service and exceptional accommodations with a twist! Located in the heart of downtown Stamford, you are within walking distance or a complimentary shuttle ride to the most important spots in Stamford and just a 45-minute train ride to New York City.
Our company culture fosters teamwork, guest service, and individual accountability. We deliver exceptional service, quality, and value to every guest, every time – the driving philosophy of our business. We want our hotels to be the best and our guests to be exceedingly satisfied. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified people and provide a competitive benefits package which includes:
* Health Insurance (3 plan options)
Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
Company paid Basic Life Insurance
Company paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Company paid Short Term Disability
Company paid Long Term Disability
Short Term Disability Buy Up
Educational Assistance Program
401k Plan with match up to 6%
Davidson We Care Team Member Assistance Program
To learn more about Davidson Hotels & Resorts visit our website, www.DavidsonHotels.com and apply today!
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Meet service quality standards that affect guest satisfaction; respond to guest questions or problems in a timely, professional manner.
- WORK HABITS: Meet the hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, attendance, and punctuality; report to work and return from breaks on time; give advance notice when absence is anticipated; require typical amount of supervision; accept work assignments without complaints.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Accept opportunities to learn new skills, improve performance or cross-train for other hotel positions; solve routine problems that occur on the job; ask questions when not sure how to complete something; learn new skills as quickly as most others in the same job.
- SAFETY AND SECURITY: Be alert to hazards and responsible in carrying out hotel’s safety, security, and emergency procedures; suggest ways to improve safety conditions that reduce or prevent accidents and injuries; participate on safety committee or other special projects for safety; actively seek and report potential security risks or hazardous conditions.
- FRONT DESK OPERATIONS: Follow the hotel’s recommended guest arrival and departure procedures; understanding of computer-based front desk systems is sufficient to perform the primary responsibilities of the job; answer guests’ questions about the hotel services and amenities.
- Constantly. Answer guest questions and offer information and assistance.
- Constantly. Answer telephones.
- Constantly. Check guests in and out.
- Constantly. Communicate with other departments to fulfill guest needs.
- Constantly. Maintain work area neat and organized.
- Constantly. Maintain keys in secure area.
- Constantly. Report all unsafe conditions immediately.
- Constantly. Update information in the computer systems as needed (i.e., post charges).
- Frequently. Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor to include cross training.
- Occasionally. Attend all mandatory meetings.
- Occasionally. Follow checklist for required duties and timelines.
- Occasionally. Process personal and traveler’s checks, handle safe deposit boxes.
- Occasionally. Read, pass on log and communicate with previous shift.
- Occasionally. Run reports and complete them, i.e., high balance, cash basis, etc.
- Occasionally. Use verifone to authorize credit cards and checks.