|Welcome to the Bright Side® at La Quinta Inns & Suites.
Who is La Quinta?
We help brighten the day of our busy, practical, hardworking travelers
and help them take care of their business or leisure travel needs. We
provide the best hotel rooms, warmest hotel atmosphere and most
courteous service in our market segment at every hotel, every night.
- Fastest growing limited-service hotels in the North America
- Operate and provide franchise services with over 65,000 rooms in over 700 properties
- Locations in 46 states plus Canada and Mexico under the names La Quinta Inns and La Quinta Inns & Suites
- Based out of Dallas, Texas, over 9,000 employees nationwide work on the Bright Side
Our Goal, it's easy
We want for every guest to wake up on the bright side while staying at
our hotel. We offer clean and comfortable guest rooms with a dose of
advertising humor to help our guest feel optimistic and happy no matter
what the day holds. A great portion of this comes directly from our
employees attitudes. And as if that wasn't enough, we offer our guest
free Bright Side™ breakfast, free hi-speed Internet while they stay
with us and comfy beds. Many of our properties include pools and well
equipped work-out facilities.
What sets us apart?
Every team member plays a vital role in the success of our family and
growth. We are not a conglomerate of hotels brands that make decision
on panel of "experts". We make an effort to know all our employees and
help them grow through our training program. While we may be one of the
largest owner-operators of hotels in North America, we are a family
La Quinta, we have a culture by which we are never satisfied. It
doesn't matter how well we have done something in the past or how well
we may do it today, our goal is to continually improve. Our operating
philosophy is very simple:
- Take care of our employees
- Take care of our guests
- Keep the hotels spotlessly clean and well maintained
Everything we do at La Quinta truly revolves around our people, our product and our service.
We work just as hard to create a work environment that's equally inviting and with many benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Discounted hotel stay at all of our locations
- Flex Spending account plans
At La Quinta, we serve busy, practical, hardworking travelers and take care of their business or leisure travel needs. We provide the best hotel rooms, warmest hotel atmosphere and most courteous service in our market segment at every hotel, every night. La Quinta Holdings Inc. (NYSE: LQ) is a leading owner, operator and franchisor of select-service hotels primarily serving the midscale and upper-midscale segments. The Company’s owned and franchised portfolio consists of more than 830 La Quinta Inn & Suites™ and La Quinta Inn™ branded hotels representing approximately 84,000 rooms located in 47 states, as well as in Canada and Mexico. La Quinta’s team is committed to providing guests with a refreshing and engaging experience. Our guests enjoy consistently clean and comfortable guest rooms and suites with many of the frills they would expect at higher priced hotels, such as our Free Bright Side Breakfast™ and refreshing swimming pools, all at some of the most affordable and competitive rates anywhere. And because we value your input and want to keep you coming back, we continually upgrade and refurbish our properties with modern amenities and useful services that you request. At every La Quinta hotel, you'll find a dedicated staff and comfortable, affordable lodging perfect for business or leisure travel. To learn more about our culture, benefits, career advancement, training & development opportunities, search for corporate and hotel management positions, or search for hourly hotel positions, click here: http://www.lq.com/lq/about/careers/index.jsp
To effectively manage the flow of TRANSFER Franchise Application process; and maintain data, while also interacting with multiple departments to achieve signed/executed TRANSFER Franchise Agreements as well as manage the process of ensuring all sites have their necessary documentation to maintain at or above Brand Standards with all of our Franchise Partners.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Process TRANSFER Franchise Applications via the Franchise Information System (LQConnect); reviewing all documentation from the application checklist for completion; including organization documents, Smith Travel Reports (STR), Corporate and Personal Financials, World Check due diligence and initial fee deposits.
* Coordinate and communicate with the Credit and Legal Departments to determine potential Franchisee’s creditworthiness, corporate good standing as well as ensuring all potential applicants are free from “hits” when a background check is completed.
* Create documents for the TRANSFER Franchise Review Committee, including Transfer Franchise Approval forms, property statistics, maps, and all other supporting documentation; including preparation and presentation of the Review Package to the Development/Operations (DEVOP) team. Will have the responsibility of overseeing the TRANSFERS in the Friday DEVOP meeting.
* Process various check requests through the Accounting system for Marketing Refunds, Final Escrow Disbursement or other miscellaneous fees, as applicable. As well as Transfer Application Refunds for those applications that are no longer viable. Ensuring the status of these refunds are appropriately labeled and tracked for reporting purposes.
* Coordinate and communicate with D&C to assist in scheduling visits to hotels in connection with a Property Improvement Plan (PIP) for applicants who are applying for transfer ownership. Prepare work scope/property photo information for all potential ownership transfers, utilizing data supplied by Design & Construction and the Franchise Service Director (FSD).
* Imitate gathering the necessary property details from the respective Franchise Service Director for each transfer of ownership site, giving the Transfer Approval Committee a full picture of this property, how it is operating and performing to LQ standards, focusing on improvements for the future new owners.
* Implement the final production of the Transfer Franchise Agreements and related legal documents including the receipt of transfer initial fees as applicable. Liaison with the Legal department to process approved properties to executed Transfer agreements.
* Coordinate with Administration and Legal in preparation and approval of Payment Agreement Plans, Vicarious Liability matters and other various Miscellaneous legal correspondence, as applicable.
* Manage and Monitor the Transfer executions/opening of franchise projects in accordance with planned deadlines. Take action to develop and execute contingency plans if and when project objectives are not going to be achieved. Implement updates to franchise agreements to ensure timely, accurate execution. Coordinate with all Administrative and Operation team members to ensure all aspects of the transfer occurs smoothly and efficiently. Additionally, this will entail communicating with Escrow Agents, Brokers, Lenders, Attorneys and other necessary involved parties to ensure all related parties are informed and performing as expected and anticipated.
* Coordinate and manage the Quarterly Quality / Service process working with the Operations Administrative Assistant and the Managers of Franchise Operations to ensure all correspondence is sent and tracked on a timely basis to ensure the hotels are operating at the LQ standards or above. This process will include working closely with Legal for those letters transitioning to a Default status.
* Manage the Pipeline Status communication process, coordinating with the Openings team and Commencement Project Manager ensuring all data is recorded and uploaded; tracking to completion dates as needed.
* Manage the Tri-Party Agreement process with the guidance of the Legal dept. to ensure all TP Agreements are drafted, issued and tracked appropriately, including providing SBA documentation data as requested and needed.
* Support and maintain on-going business relationships with potential Franchisees to ensure successful completion of Franchise agreements.
* Establish positive relationships with departments that impact, or are impacted by Franchising processes, promotions and programs. These departments generally include: Operations, Sales, Marketing, Design & Construction and others.
* Work with the Franchise team to assist in the management and the Property files and databases, including data collection/maintenance/updates into the Franchise Information System (LQConnect_. Interface with all Franchise Team members to ensure congruency is maintained.