Loews Vanderbilt Hotel is seeking a Server to join our team. Loews Vanderbilt Hotel is a Four-Diamond hotel, luxury 340 room hotel with 25,000 square feet of meeting/function space, and Mason's Restaurant and Mason's Bar. For more information about Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, please visit www.loewshotels.com.
The Server is a Team Member of the Mason's Restaurant Team. This person is responsible for providing prompt, efficient, courteous, and professional Food and Beverage service to Guests of Loews Vanderbilt Hotel - Mason and Mason’s Bar.
- Performs all opening and closing assignments as assigned by management
- Applies teamwork skills at all times and assists co-workers when time permits.
- Answers all questions regarding the menu accurately
- Takes food and beverage orders accurately and in a timely fashion
- Delivers quality products to the guest in a friendly and professional manner and in accordance with hotel standards
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment, work area and dining room
- Monitors the flow of guests and food and beverage items
- Enters orders into the computer accurately and efficiently
- Utilizes suggestive selling techniques to upgrade the check average
- Handles financial transactions accurately and in accordance with established procedures
- Complies with hotel policies and rules and uniform and grooming procedures.
- Encourages a positive attitude among employees and treats other employees and guest with courtesy and respect.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written- fluent in english
- Excellent guest service skills
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Basic Math skills i.e. making change
- Must be customer service oriented
- Excellent hospitality skills
- Wine & Spirits knowledge preferred.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays - breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V