Located in the heart of San Diego, Town and Country offers a little something for everyone. Town and Country is just minutes from the vibrant nightlife of Downtown San Diego, the oasis of beautiful Mission Valley, and the thrill of San Diego's beaches and attractions. The resort is renowned for its legendary service and country feel. Our Mission Valley San Diego hotel is a family-owned resort with a heritage of hospitality spanning more than five decades, the Town and Country Resort Hotel enjoys an award-winning reputation for putting smiles on the faces of vacation guests and conference attendees alike.
Job OverviewYou will be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. You will be the liaison between front and back of house, ensuring orders flow from the kitchen to dining room in a smooth and timely manner. You will use the freedom to go beyond to turn guest interactions into moments of magic. Essential Functions
- Enthusiastically transport and deliver orders to the dining room in a timely manner
- Act as a liaison between guests, servers and kitchen staff
- Collaborate with team members to communicate any special needs or guest requests
- Ensure all orders meet our presentation standards and special requests have been acknowledged
- Proactively support the restaurant team while monitoring dining room activity
- Create memorable experiences with your welcoming personality by genuinely relating to guests and associates
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond and take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Must meet the legal age requirement to serve alcohol. Previous experience passionately providing food and beverage service to others preferred.
- Knowledge. Alcohol service and Food Handler certifications are required. Familiarity of restaurant terminology and food service techniques preferred.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through legible writing
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.