Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewThe Server Assistant/Food Runner is responsible for working with the expo to assure prompt delivery of the food that is ready in the ?hot? and ?cold? windows in the kitchen. The Server Assistant/Food Runner is responsible for delivery to the tables in the Food & Beverage Outlet . The Server Assistant/Food Runner and expo work both together and independently to assure that every plate looks correct and to deliver hot/cold food in a timely manner to the guests in all outlets. The Server Assistant/Food Runner together with the service staff is responsible for bringing any additional items the guests need to complete their meal.Essential Functions
- Checks each plate of food to be correct as ordered by the guest
- Makes sure all condiments are accompanying each order
- Assures that every item on the order is ready and on the tray together
- Works diligently to avoid breakage and loss
- Notifies server of guest needs
- Completes all opening, on-going and closing side work and manager on duty as signed off on work
- Stocks/restocks appropriate linens for service
- Stocks/restocks work stations with appropriate plates and saucers, etc
- Informs server of any potential guest issues
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it?s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest, client or associate.
A qualified applicant is a ?people person? who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.