Vail's newest luxury hotel, Hotel Talisa, debuting after a multimillion-dollar renovation, offers 285 new accommodations with sophisticated décor and luxurious bathrooms and existing vacation residences. Savor global cuisine within the new restaurant, fireside lounge and upscale market, an inventive après scene with majestic fireside mountain views, blissful spa treatments, relaxing water therapy with a steam and sauna and top-ranked fitness offerings at the over 58,000 ft. Club & Spa, and a premiere ski-in/ski-out offering with an on-property ski lift and ski concierge and bespoke year-round alpine experiences. All just five minutes from Vail Village!
Job OverviewThe Server Assistant/Food Runner is responsible for working with the expo to assure prompt delivery of the food that is ready in the “hot” and “cold” windows in the kitchen. The Server Assistant/Food Runner is responsible for delivery to the tables in the Food & Beverage Outlet . The Server Assistant/Food Runner and expo work both together and independently to assure that every plate looks correct and to deliver hot/cold food in a timely manner to the guests in all outlets. The Server Assistant/Food Runner together with the service staff is responsible for bringing any additional items the guests need to complete their meal.Essential Functions
- Checks each plate of food to be correct as ordered by the guest
- Makes sure all condiments are accompanying each order
- Assures that every item on the order is ready and on the tray together
- Works diligently to avoid breakage and loss
- Notifies server of guest needs
- Completes all opening, on-going and closing side work and manager on duty as signed off on work
- Stocks/restocks appropriate linens for service
- Stocks/restocks work stations with appropriate plates and saucers, etc
- Informs server of any potential guest issues
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest, client or associate.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.