At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
- Welcome all guests and fellow associates with a warm, sincere, prompt greeting.
- Arrive for work on time, properly dressed and groomed; ready to represent The Essex Resort and Spa with the utmost in professionalism.
- Conduct daily tasks based on posted checklists
- Attend all training and department meetings as directed by manager.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area
- Communicate with serving staff to ensure all guest needs are met.
- Report all equipment failures or maintenance issues to manager
- Maintain a thorough understanding of resort and spa offerings and act as an ambassador for the resort with each guest.
- Alert F&B Management to potential problems or concerns as they relate to guests or staff.
- Promote positive guest relations by providing prompt, courteous and efficient service and effectively resolving complaints in a timely manner.
- Project a calm demeanor at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary information.
- Assist server in running food from the kitchen to customer tables.
The ability to read and write fluently, to take and follow instructions in both verbal and written forms.
Previous restaurant experience is a plus.