A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Are you a team-oriented individual who enjoys a variety filled environment? Are you enthusiastic and a good communicator? Are you a quality-driven leader with attention to details?
If yes, Vista Collina Resort, Napa's newest luxury destination, has the ideal high-profile position for an exciting person like you!
Nestled amongst the rolling hills of Napa, Vista Collina Resort ushers in a new way to discover Wine Country. With thoughtful, Tuscan-style décor, a tasting village, a locally-sourced, artisanal market, and a spacious community lawn for picnic, play and private concerts, Vista Collina isn't simply a resort in Napa. It is Napa at its finest.
Supervises the Food and Beverage teams in assigned area(s) to ensure guests receive the highest level of service and quality on a daily and consistent basis. Typically floats between areas vs. being assigned to a single outlet.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Supervises subordinate lead personnel in the assigned market, outlet and/or In Room Dining. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training team members. Recommends applicants for selection. Plans, assigns and directs work. May set work schedules. Recommends performance ratings. Recommends merit increases, promotions and reclassification. Determines work quality expectations and sets deadlines.
- Monitors day-to-day restaurant operations to ensure standards of product presentation and service exceed guest expectations and meet or exceed property standards. Takes or recommends corrective action as needed.
- Works to achieve budgeted revenues, controls expenses and maximizes profitability within assigned areas. Utilizes corporate approved computer programs to analyze forecasts, cost and revenue reports. Makes decisions and takes action based on that information to maximize profitability. Ensures quality and portion control while minimizing waste or loss of supplies to maintain profitability.
- Ensures guests receive outstanding, consistent, exceptional service by circulating through each dining area. Seeks opportunities to improve satisfaction and immediately handles any guest concerns or complaints.
- Ensures all dining, service and kitchen areas are clean and properly set up. Maintains sufficient inventory of food, supplies and equipment and orders as needed. Participates in weekly/monthly inventories. May prepare and submit liquor and supply orders. Ensures equipment is properly maintained. Ensures compliance with all food and beverage regulations.
- Monitors SOPs to ensure consistent exceptional service is provided. Assists in developing and updating policies and procedures. Participates in weekly meeting with Food & Beverage Management Team to ensure weekly goals, challenges, and service standards are met.
- Follows all standard food handling, TIPS, sanitation and health department guidelines.
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Recommends merit decisions within budget or established guidelines. Recommends promotions or reclassifications within company policy.
- Responds to guest inquiries and coordinates special arrangements and requests.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Ensures that minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- One to two years of increasingly responsible food and beverage experience in hotel environment required. Prior supervisory experience desired.
- Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Ability to monitor labor as required by anticipating business activity while ensuring that positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Requires ability to learn and use POS computer systems used at the hotel.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, team members, guests and the general public. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to communicate with management, team members and guests. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages. Must complete TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness a nd ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between functions occurring simultaneously. The team member regularly grasps objects such as plateware and glassware. The team membe
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.