The Food and Beverage Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the service in the Food & Beverage Outlets. He/she is also responsible for assisting the manager with training, motivating, and coaching the staff, and monitoring expenses and controlling labor costs.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
· Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
· Ensure work areas are properly stocked and prepare requisitions as needed.
· Ensure work areas are neat and clean.
· Check that trays and tables are set to standards.
· Ensure quality control of all menus with regards to cleanliness and appearance.
· Assist in the outlets when necessary.
· Ensure that tables are cleared promptly.
· Ensure proper settlement of checks.
· Ensure orders are delivered on time.