At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Pay range $14 - $16/ HR.
- Direct and develop the knowledge and skills of each member of the Food & Beverage staff through ongoing training sessions in guest service, wine service, food service, sanitary procedures and team work.
- Prepare weekly schedules for service staff in accordance with staffing guide.
- Maintain ongoing beverage inventories in operating areas and stock room.
- Maintain accurate records of cover counts, equipment inventory and operating supplies.
- Create and execute food displays for all coffee breaks, buffet and hors d'oeurvre presentations.
- Oversee Daily front of the house operations at The Johnson Foundation and the Council House
Administration duties to include: Maintain Payroll (lowest variable/highest service level) Scheduling of staff Cover Counts Daily and end of the month bar inventories Perform 90 day and yearly reviews Interviewing and hiring To promote by example in these areas. Teamwork Leadership Creative flair Achieving Goals for SC Johnson and The Johnson Foundation On going ideas to achieve higher revenue and lower cost in the food and beverage area
Develop Food and Beverage staff to their highest level in service by: Training all new hires. Monthly department meetings Cross training at both properties. Good verbal and written communication
Marginal Functions of the Position:
Other projects as directed by Executive Chef at The Council House and at The Johnson Foundation.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
5 years restaurant/ hotel experience with fine dining background a plus. 2-3 years supervisory experience required. Must possess excellent English communication and written skills. Knowledgeable in forecasting business activity, payrolls and other expense management.