Food and Beverage Supervisor
Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport
Location: US - IL - Rosemont
Position Purpose: This position is concerned with supervising the F&B operation of the Restaurant, In-Room dining, and Lounge, as a successful operating center ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and financial viability, all within accordance with Company established standards. This is executed through planning, organizing, communication, training and controlling of the outlets' operations and costs.
Essential Job Functions:
Overall Operational Duties:
- Ensure effective operations of applicable food and beverage venues at all times.
- Assist the F & B Manager with hiring and development of the food & beverage personnel.
- Work with F&B Manager to review monthly performance vs. budget and other goals as applicable.
- Continue to raise the quality of service in the food and beverage outlets.
- Assist with booking and serving all private parties in the restaurant.
- Maintain and ensure proper menus are present in all outlets at all times.
- Knows the hotel's property amenities & marketing programs.
- Excellent communication, guest service and team building skills.
- Develop working relationships with other departments to work for the betterment of the hotel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that operating standards are met and ensures that the established service sequence is adhered to
- Has thorough menu and F&B product knowledge
- Handles guest inquiries and complaints
- Maintains a high profile in the operation
- Has complete knowledge of all duties and responsibilities of each job position reporting to them
- Effectively communicates and disseminates information to employees
- Sets up and maintains displays and Point of Sales
- Conducts daily walk through of the area of responsibility
- Conducts daily pre-shift meetings
- On going communication with the chef; maintains open and effective front of house and back of house relations
- Assigns operational responsibilities to subordinates and follows up
- Completes and maintains log books
- Manages sanitary conditions and cleaning.
- Provides leadership and sets the examples
- Drafts, devises and executes promotions and specials
- Suggests ideas to the Restaurant Manager and F&B Director for discussion and implementation
- Mathematical abilities in order to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue productions, and other hotel financial statement.
- Ability to work majority of shift standing and moving about in restaurants and kitchen areas.
- Assists with organization of special events and promotions as requested by Restaurant Manager.
- Carries out monthly inventories of beverage and operating equipment.
- Manages and controls costs
- Understands the P&L and how to use it
- Manages and controls payroll
- Conducts performance evaluations of F&B staff
- Maintains employee's training records
- Ensures that each staff member is sufficiently trained to meet all standards
- Has thorough knowledge of local and company labor regulations and law
- Recruits & interviews potential candidates
- Attends meetings and training as directed
- Responds to service requests as needed
- Monitors guest satisfaction
- Carry out any requests by upper management in conjunction with work
- Maintains a positive and outgoing attitude on the job.
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues.
- To have a complete understanding of the Hotel's/Company's employee handbook and to adhere to its' rules and regulations.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times by adhering to the Grooming Policy.
- To revise and update the departmental operations manual on an as-needed basis.
- To ensure that all employees provide courteous and professional service at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Able to read, write and speak in English. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to establish and maintain an effective relationship with all department management, staff, personnel and general public. Strong awareness of potential revenue loss and profit sectors. Proven leadership ability with successful track record with development of hourly and management staff; working knowledge of Micros, Open Table, and Microsoft Office suite.