Westmont Hospitality Group was founded in 1975. What started with a single hotel in North America, has grown to become one of the largest privately-held hospitality organizations in the world.
Throughout the years, Westmont has had an ownership interest in and operated over 1,100 hotels. Currently this stands at over 400 hotels across three continents. Westmont has formed strategic alliances with many of the world's largest hotel brands. These include Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, InterContinental Hotels Group, Accor, Starwood, Wyndham, Choice Hotels, Radisson and Best Western. Westmont has a very diversified portfolio ranging from budget and aparthotels to mid-market business and large conference hotels to boutique hotels and luxury resorts.
Our team members are our most valued resource. Their expertise is what drives our future success.
If you are skilled in the hospitality industry and seek a stimulating workplace that fosters creativity, teamwork and personal development, contact us today. We reward our employees with the benefits and opportunities you'd expect from an industry leader.
The University Inn Washington DC Hotel located in heart of Foggy Bottom, is currently seeking reliable, qualified Food and Beverage Supervisor for our restaurant, Notti Bianche. Candidates must represent the hotel in a professional, well groomed, and courteous manner.
The Food and Beverage Supervisor will assist in the effective operation and direction of our restaurant, bar, and kitchen) in reference to quality, service, supervision of associates, monitor quality and consistency of food production, cost control, and inventory.
1. Direct and supervise food servers, bus persons, host(esses), expeditors, cooks, and dishwashers in reference to schedules, service standards, training, motivation, and safety.
2. Ensure safety standards for guests and associates. Check that all equipment is in working order. Visually inspect and take action to ensure that facilities look appealing and attractive to guests. Follow up on work orders so repairs and maintenance of facility are completed on a timely basis.
3. Train and supervise Food and Beverage staff for the efficient operation. Organize and conduct pre-shift and participate in monthly departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes. Schedule and direct staff in their work assignment.
4. Monitor product quality and guest satisfaction. Ensures that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications and hotel standards. Enforces hotel policies on Beverage Standards and Service Standards throughout Food and Beverage. Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service, beverages and food in Food and Beverage Outlets.
5. Document inventory, forecast usage and monitor supplies so that Food and Beverage Outlets are stocked with linen, glassware, silverware, china, and condiments in order to provide service.
6. Interact with customers to determine needs, satisfaction, and resolve conflicts.
7. Maintain house bank.
8. Maintain relationships with other departments in hotel.
9. Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics and self-image with yourself as well as subordinates.
10. Implement and support hotel policies and procedures.
11. Perform other duties as assigned
1. Strong knowledge of Food & Beverage operations and preparation techniques.
2. Knowledge of Beverage operations and wines.
3. Ability to work entire shift standing and moving about in restaurant, lounges and kitchen area.
4. Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English, to understand internal documents, reports, and to interact effectively with guests and associates.
5. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflicts.
6. Certified Food Protection Manager Certificate
7. Alcoholic control manager’s license