Food and Beverage Manager
The Food and Beverage Manager irects and organizes the activities of the Food & Beverage departments, including but not limited to the Kitchen, Premier Club Lounge, Banquet Operations, Restaurants, Room Service and Bars, to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service.
Positions directly reporting to this position (titles):
- F&B Supervisor
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Servers
- Food Servers
- Room Service Server
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Hire, train, supervise, schedule, coach and counsel Food & Beverage Associates.
- Ensure that Associates comply with tip-reporting requirements, uniform and service guidelines, and other policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Guest satisfaction in terms of food and beverage, hospitality and service standards, following proper food handling and safety guidelines.
- Observe Associates engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing food to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed. Gives instructions to cooking personnel in fine points of cooking.
- Develops interesting and balanced food menus and beverages selections on a timely basis that are appropriate and responsive to the local market.
- Ensure entire menu is available daily and hours of operation are adhered to.
- Monitor and inspect all food and beverage deliveries, ensuring portion controls are adhered to.
Revenue & Financial
- Maintain daily cash controls and financial reporting for department.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget; develop short and long term financial operating plans
- Responsible for the development, implementation and daily follow-up of hotel's F&B marketing plan and Sales promotion efforts.
- Meet or exceed sales and profit objectives. Maintain food and liquor costs at or below budget percentages and controllable costs below budget.
- Input and reconcile invoices.
- Manage monthly food and beverage inventories.
- Provide a safe working environment by ensuring compliance with safety programs, Health Department requirements and job safety analysis.
- Maintain and enforce sanitation laws and safety standards with anyone entering the kitchen area.
- Establish service accounts for linen, janitorial, dishwasher maintenance etc.
- Inspect food and beverage outlets for proper storage, sanitation, security, neatness and rotation of inventory.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, executive meetings, staff meetings, etc.
• Participate in Manager on Duty coverage program, which may require occasional weekend stay-overs.
• Participate in community public relations for the hotel.
• Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards.
• Perform in the capacity of any position supervised.
• Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire Associates to meet and exceed standards.
Assimilate into Fillmore Hospitality culture through understanding, supporting and participating. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques, and guest interaction
- Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and Associates, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
High School graduate or equivalent required, Four year college degree preferred
Five years' experience in food and beverage, three of which should be from a management level.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- State or Local Food Service Sanitation Certification or equivalent may be required before the 1st day of employment depending the location.
- If a State or Local, Food Service Sanitation Certification or equivalent is required then Manager Level is preferred.
* We participate in E-Verify.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.(ref. 14642)