Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Food and Beverage Manager
Manages the Food and Beverage teams in assigned restaurants or Food & Beverage
areas to ensure guests receive the highest level of service and quality on a daily and
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Manages subordinate supervisors/lead personnel who supervise team members
in the assigned restaurants and/or In-Room Dining. Is responsible for the overall
direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable
laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Responsible for planning department goals and directing team members to
2. Monitors day-to-day restaurant operations to ensure standards of product
presentation and service exceed guest expectations and meet or exceed
property standards. Takes corrective action as needed.
3. Achieves budgeted revenues, controls expenses and maximizes profitability
within assigned areas. Utilizes computer programs to analyze forecasts, cost
and revenue reports. Makes decisions and takes action based on that
information to maximize profitability. Ensures quality and portion control while
minimizing waste or loss of supplies to maintain profitability.
4. Maximizes profitability by optimizing menu prices and selection. Assists in
developing and implementing new menu ideas, wine list, pricing and marketing
5. Ensures guests receive outstanding, consistent, exceptional service by
circulating through each dining area. Seeks opportunities to improve satisfaction
and immediately handles any guest concerns or complaints
6. Ensures all dining, service and kitchen areas are clean and properly set up.
Maintains sufficient inventory of food, supplies and equipment and orders as
needed. Participates in weekly/monthly inventories. Prepares and submits liquor
and supply orders. Ensures equipment is properly maintained. Ensures
compliance with all food and beverage regulations.
7.Monitors SOPs to ensure consistent exceptional service is provided. Assists in
developing and updating policies and procedures. Participates in weekly meeting
with Food & Beverage Management Team to ensure weekly goals, challenges,
and service standards are met.
8. Follows all standard food handling, TIPS, sanitation and health department
9. Must wear non-slip, oil resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and
procedures. Acts on reports of potential safety issues or whenever observed and
takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require
the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties
that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be
trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel
provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective,
damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager.
Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program
and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
10. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential
function of the job.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent experience
2. Two years management experience in a high volume restaurant required.
3. Possess solid knowledge of restaurant management, service standards of
comparable hotel, guest relations and etiquette. Ability and experience in
successfully leading and coordinating staff in a high volume, time sensitive
environment. Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and
providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and
provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
4. Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes
designed to attain maximum operating efficiency while ensuring adherence to
established operating criteria.
5. Completes required training as scheduled.
6. Ability to monitor labor as required by anticipating business activity while
ensuring that positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives
7. Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions.
Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability
to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional
demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and
commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
8. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail.
Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult
guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
9. Requires working knowledge of MS Office applications and ability to learn and
use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel.
10. Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Pacific Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.