Food and Beverage Manager
Gramercy Park Hotel
Location: US - NY - New York
This department head will focus on leading the Room Service team as well as overseeing Special Events and Meetings. The ideal candidate will provide the finest guest dining experience while leading a highly motivated and guest-service focused team for two hotel properties.
We are looking for a proven leader to drive the Banquet/Room Service Team and take it to the next level.
- The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for the following:
- Oversee the day to day operation of Banquet and Rooms Service departments
- Planning and assisting in the long term outlook of all banquet and social catering activities held within the hotel
- Assist in the overall financial performance of Banquet and Room Service Department
- Processes Time & Attendance for all staff members
- Support company's philosophy and company culture
- Provide leadership and support for banquet captains, room service and banquet service staff.
- Read and familiarize with all Banquet Event Orders and Group Resumes
- Generates scheduling and complete payroll for all room service positions
- Attend all pre-conference, BEO meetings
- Communicate all group information/changes to existing information to appropriate hotel colleagues in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain contact with clients while on property
- Coordinate all aspects of banquet services as assigned
- F & B Manager reports directly to the General Manager and works closely with the Director of Events
Fine dining and banquet leadership experience required; solid foundation, knowledge and experience in high-end food service; Manages, directs and organizes operations to maintain high standards of food & beverage quality, and service to maximize profits through outstanding customer service. Scope of the job includes but is not limited to Room Service and Banquet operations.
- 2+ Years Food & Beverage Manager /Banquets experience in a luxury hotel is preferred
- Flexible schedule required including weekends and holidays
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage operations including supervisory aspects, service techniques, and service recovery
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions
- Ability to communicate in English, both oral and written
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complicated computer system
- Must have excellent knowledge of the Banquets operations
- Knowledge of specific hospitality industry applications is desirable
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks
- Must be a self-motivator and motivator of others
- Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Must have mathematical skills, computer software aptitude and some hotel operation knowledge