Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewAssist Food and Beverage department by taking reservations and delivering information to all guests regarding F&B events while assisting the division in any other aspect as it relates to administrative needs.
- Answering and delivering information to all callers regarding day-to-day reservations for the outlets as well as specific Food and Beverage Events. Requires high morals, ethics, organization, and a high commitment to this role.
- Assist in assembling Restaurant Event Orders
- Responsible for printing all marketing media and menus for oulets, teaching and training, and informing resort associates of important information regarding Food and Beverage events.
- Ensure customer satisfaction. Follow up on problems, complaints. Empower and train staff to handle minor problems
- General assistance with F&B Management and Admin needs
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Requires organizational skills for a variety of tasks, including, but not limited to, scheduling meetings, effectively communicating to employees, and upholding Terranea standards.
- Must be able to exhibit fairness and impartiality to employees.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
- Knowledge of hotel food and beverage operations.
- Knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.