A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Waterline Restaurant - Assistant Manager
Regular Full Time Position
Position Summary: Assists Restaurant Manager with management of Food and Beverage team members in assigned restaurant to ensure guests receive the highest level of service and quality on a daily and consistent basis.
- Manages and assists with overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the restaurant. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Monitors day-to-day restaurant operations to ensure standards of product presentation and service exceed guest expectations and meet or exceed property standards.
- Participates in the hiring process by interviewing potential team members. Ensures staff received any required training or attends mandatory meetings.
- Takes action to achieve budgeted revenues, controls expenses and maximizes profitability.
- Ensure guests receive outstanding, consistent, exceptional service by circulating through each dining area.
- Ensures all dining, service, and kitchen areas are clean and properly set up. Maintains sufficient inventory of food, supplies and equipment and orders as needed.
- Monitors SOPs to ensure consistent exceptional service is provided. Assists in developing and updating policies and procedures. Participates in weekly meeting with Food & Beverage Management Team to ensure weekly goals, challenges, and service standards are met.
- Follows all standard food handling, TIPS, sanitation and health department guidelines.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
Support Functions/Other Responsibilities:
- Makes merit recommendations within budget or established guidelines. Recommends promotions or reclassification within company policy.
- Approves leave and team away from work within company policy.
- Responds to guest inquiries and coordinates special arrangements and requests.
- May assist in developing the annual F&B budget for assigned area.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent experience required.
- Three of more years of related and progressive Food & Beverage experience with one year as a supervisor in a similar setting.
- Possess solid knowledge of restaurant management, luxury hotel service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Ability to monitor labor as required by anticipating business activity while ensuring that positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions.
- Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail.
- Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guests.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, team members, guests, and the general public.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to communicate with management, team members, and guests. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages. Must complete TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment.
- Must have valid Food Handlers Card or obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must have a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Pacific Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.