Food & Beverage Supervisor
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Location: US - NM - Albuquerque
- *Accountable for all guest service to include, but not limited to:
- Serving food and beverage to guests in a friendly, attentive manner.
- Anticipate Guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all Guests, however busy.
- Maintain positive Guest relations at all times.
- Interact in courteous and professional manner with Guests.
- Greet all guests within the first 60 seconds.
- Responsible for speaking to several guests each day in all stations and record guest comments in the Restaurant guest Comment Log Book.
- Interact with people beyond giving and receiving instructions, particularly in resolving Guest complaints.
- Open wine/champagne bottles and serve in accordance with restaurant standards.
- Make all varieties of coffee in accordance with restaurant standards.
- Keep all beverages full.
- Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the Guest in accordance with standards using tray service.
- Ensure all plates are properly garnished before delivering to the guest.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Clear each course and pre-bus station following restaurant procedures.
- Remove soiled wares from tables as assigned and transport to dish washing area.
- Assist with opening and closing duties as needed.
- Responsible for writing a supervisor’s report for each shift.
- *Responsible for enforcing all service standards in the restaurant as noted above in Job Duties #1.
- *Responsible for enforcing all associate policies in accordance with the employee handbook in the absence of the Outlet Manager and/or Food and Beverage Director. Report all infraction of policies immediately to the Outlet Manager and/or Food and Beverage Director when present.
- *Follow supervisor’s instructions.
- *Be a Team Player.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- *Responsible for ensuring that all associates take their required breaks. Ensure that all stations are covered during breaks and that the Greeter/Cashier is notified of breaks.
- *Assist in maintaining a high level of associate morale.
- *In the absence of the Outlet Manager and Food and Beverage Director, Supervisor is responsible for controlling labor by sending staff members home when they are not needed.
- *Responsible for posting weekly cleaning duties. Responsible for ensuring all staff complete weekly cleaning duties.
- *Responsible for ensuring all staff members are at the daily 10:45am meeting. Responsible for conducting the meeting if the Outlet Manager and Food and Beverage Director are absent or unavailable.
- *Responsible for training all AM Restaurant and Room Service staff.
- *Be familiar with the operating procedures of the kitchen, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- *Must have current certification in TIPS Alcohol Awareness. Responsible for stopping the serving of alcohol to guests who appear to be intoxicated and for assisting other staff members in doing so.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
*Denotes essential job duties.
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to Guest.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests’, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to transport food and beverage to Guests.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble linen, tables, china, flatware and glassware to restaurant standards.
- Ability to take and give direction.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team.
- Ability to adhere to posted work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and impeccable uniform.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of the following:
- Table, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the restaurant and room service departments.
- All liquor, beer, and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes.
- Characteristics and descriptions of every wine/champagne selection and all major wines on the wine list.
- All menu items, prices, preparation time/method, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, and method of presentation.
- State liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Correct maintenance and use of food and beverage serving/preparation equipment.
- All service standards required by Sheraton including safety and emergency procedures.
- Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- High School graduate, some college.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a supervisor in a busy restaurant environment.
- Previous Hotel Food & Beverage supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous experience in room service preferred.
- Current certification in NM Alcohol Awareness training and ServSafe Food Handler’s Training.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate verbal and written English with Guests, management and co-workers.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Previous Micros experience preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate and percent.
RequiredTime-Management Advanced Multi-Tasking Advanced Detail Oriented Advanced Critical Thinking Advanced Teamwork Advanced Behaviors
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better.Experience
1-3 years: Food & Beverage Supervisor
1-3 years: Hotel Food & Beverage Supervisor
Licenses & Certifications