Food & Beverage Supervisor
Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando
Location: US - FL - Orlando
The F&B Supervisor is responsible for the floor coverage in the restaurant and assisting the serving staff in the restaurant, lounge and in-room dining/pool service. This individual will support the Food and Beverage management team in supervising our award winning four star Food and Beverage outlets, ensuring our guests receive the ultimate dining experience. This position is primarily responsible for supervising Grand Performers engaged in serving food, and in maintaining cleanliness of food service areas and equipment. This position is also responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of the dining room personnel to provide fast and courteous service to patrons.
Shift supervision of all restaurant, lounge, Café, IRD, and pool serving staff
- Restaurant Manager on Duty in absence of F&B Director, Outlet Manager or Restaurant Manger.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
1. Supervisory/Guest Service - 95%
a. Supervises daily shift operations.
b. Ensures Grand Performers are in compliance with appearance standards.
c. Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners.
d. Greets guests, escorts them to tables, and provides menus.
e. Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness.
f. Trains workers in performance of duties.
g. Inspects kitchen and dining areas and kitchen utensils and equipment to ensure sanitary standards are met.
h. Requisitions and inspects foodstuffs, supplies, and equipment to maintain stock levels and ensure standards of quality are met.
i. Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures.
j. Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
k. Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurant, sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
l. Assists servers on the floor during meal periods.
m. Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
n. Handles guest problems and complaints.
o. Empowers Grand Performers to provide excellent customer service.
p. Makes sure Grand Performers are treated fairly and equitably. Strives to improve associate self-confidence and increase employee retention.
q. Ensures staff understands local, state and Federal liquor laws.
r. Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
s. Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
t. Ensures point of sale operations and cash handling practices are following according to standard operating procedures.
u. Supervises the café outlet in the absence of the café supervisor.
v. Perform all positions within the Front of House F&B Operations on an as-needed basis.
w. Train/Re-train on service skills, menu knowledge, etc.
x. Ensure adherence to Corporate Standards and Brand Standards with respect to cleanliness, appearance, guest satisfaction and quality.
2. Administrative – 5%
a. Coordinates activities of dining room personnel to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons.
b. Edits work schedules and evaluates work performance of employees.
c. Provide feedback to Restaurant Manager regarding Grand Performer performance or disciplinary issues.
d. Assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency of operations.
e. Partner with job coach to ensure proper on-boarding of new Grand Performer.
f. Conduct daily line-up meetings at the start of each shift using the Kessler Connection to ensure communication of property-specific information.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
1. Excellent leadership skills
2. Ability to perform all tasks for each position in FOH F&B
3. Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
4. Ability to remain calm and well organized under pressure while working quickly.
5. Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tables at a time.
6. Keeps emotions under control.
7. Excellent time management skills.
8. Strong verbal and written skills (effectively able to summarize daily events on Restaurant MOD report)
9. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
10. Ability to properly operate the telephone and all software used for the POS system.
11. Thorough knowledge of Food and Wine, as well as Beer, liquor and mixed drinks.
12. Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
13. Knowledge of elementary financial controls
14. Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
15. Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Grand Performers
16. Must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
17. Proficient in Open Table reservation system
18. Computer savvy (MS Office suite)
19. Basic math skills for cash handling; ability to provide change and count bank at end of shift
20. Adaptable to a changing work environment.
21. Local knowledge of the community ( attractions activities, etc.)
22. English language and professional communications skills are required.
Kessler Grant Performer Attributes
G.U.E.S.T. Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
1. High School diploma – required
2. Hospitality or customer service experience - required
3. Minimum of 1 experience in Front of House Food & Beverage operartions- required
4. Minimum of 1 year of experience in a Supervisory role - required
5. Graduate of hospitality management school – preferred
6. Food Safety Certification
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Standing and walking during majority of shift
2. Regularly required to lift, reach with hands and arms, use fingers (keyboard etc.) to handle or feel.
3. Lifting requirements of up to 20 pounds
4. Use of the telephone (hearing & speaking)
5. Computer/monitor work for making reservations
6. Working in kitchen on tiled flooring; kitchen conditions may be hot; floor may be slippery (appropriate footwear required)
7. Direct contact with guests, managers and employees.
8. Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.