At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Find peace, quiet and wide-open spaces at Doral Arrowwood, the premier Resort and Conference Center in Westchester County. Nestled in the heart of 114 acres Doral Arrowwood offers an array of resort activities to relax and unwind. As a truly unique destination, this picturesque retreat features restful lodging, delicious dining, and exceptional meeting and special event venues designed to accommodate corporate executives and leisure guests.
By joining the Doral Arrowwood Team, you become part of Benchmark Hotels & Resorts. We have a mosaic of talent that drives our passion is to be the difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistently smooth running operation.
- Monitor and critique food quality and service levels.
- Hiring, and training of all staff.
- Forecasting and scheduling of staff according to occupancy levels.
- Daily tracking of payroll and revenue.
- Coaching and counseling staff, as well as holding monthly meetings for staff.
- Ensure physical atmosphere and cleanliness of outlets, including inspecting tabletops, and side-stations.
- Monitoring of all current inventories and assist in end of the month inventories.
- Responsible for ordering of new product.
- Attending department head, conference review, food and beverage and pre-con meetings as required.
- Responsible for timely performance evaluations of staff.
- Maintaining profitability of restaurant through forecasting and staffing.
- Communicate with Director of Food and Beverage, General Manager, etc. on all upcoming events, promotions, new products, etc.
- Handling of guest complaints in a professional and efficient manner.
- Providing a pleasant and efficient atmosphere for staff and guests.
- Serve safe certified
- Respond to any reasonable task assigned by the Director of Food & Beverage.
- Assist in other food and beverage outlets when needed.
- Assisting and supporting other departments as necessary.
- Closing Restaurant outlets
- Working a flexible schedule including nights.
- Strong communication skills with high integrity.
- Able to exceed guest expectations.
- Able to lead by example and promote our Mosaic culture throughout the property.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Five years restaurant experience.
- Two years management experience.
- Knowledge of Squirrel Ability to make quick decisions in high stress situations. Excellent customer service skills.
- Pleasant and positive personality. Well organized.
- Indoors, dimly lit, carpeted, climate controlled environment.
- Hard kitchen floors with occasional slippery or greasy areas.
- Handling hot china and silver.
- Outdoors, cement surfaces, with exposure to outdoor climate and elements.
Benchmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of a person's race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other category protected by law. We encourage a diverse workplace that reflects the diversity of our community.