Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
- Guest Satisfaction – Manage restaurant services in compliance with policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Manage staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage while managing the department budget. Train and motivate associates to have positive and effective guest relations skills. Ensure staff compliance with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Ensure timely response to guest needs. Resolve guest complaints as appropriate to maintain guest satisfaction. Regularly review service scores to identify areas needing improvement and implement appropriate changes. Be knowledgeable on hotel facilities, services and the city to assist guests as appropriate.
- Human Resources – In conjunction with the Human Resources department, recruit, hire, train, coach, counsel, resolve conflicts, discipline and terminate staff as appropriate through fair treatment and in compliance with Company policies and procedures. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Administer and ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, alcohol awareness, food handling and blood-borne pathogen. Prepare and conduct associate performance and salary reviews in a timely manner and in accordance with Company guidelines. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment. Promote the hotel as an employer of choice in the community.
- Sales/Profitability –Contribute to and recommend budget, capital expenditures, inventory controls, asset protection, sales and business plans, and short/long term planning. Manage within approved plans and objectives. If necessary, develop action steps to correct any expense problems. In conjunction with Sales, sell and upsell hotel services to meet/exceed sales and financial objectives. Manage order entry and register systems, menus, promotions and decorations to capture more guests and a larger share of the local market. Ensure food and beverage costs are within budgeted guidelines. Ensure accurate guest bills, payments, reconciliations and deposits in compliance with policies and procedures. Recommend new and improved menus and service methods to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality. Review and monitor internal control procedures. Report, investigate and resolve violations to policies, procedures and regulations. Review vendors, products and bills to ensure procurement of top quality products at minimum prices. Submit recommendations to senior management on internal controls, policies and procedures improvementsLife Safety/Risk Management –Assist the General Manager with hotel life safety including beverage control procedures and liquor law compliance. Manage and promote an accident prevention program to minimize liabilities and related expenses. Manage staff compliance with appropriate sanitary, safety, security and emergency policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Ensure staff is proficient in and compliant with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Notify senior management of any potential liability and propose proper course of action to prevent the hotel from incurring any such liability. Recommend additional safeguards as appropriate. Practice safe work habits.
- Asset Management -Walk the operations daily to identify issues and to speak with and listen to associates. Ensure associates are properly trained in cash handling procedures and credit card transactions. Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotel’s financial assets against loss or misappropriation. Manage inventories as appropriate. Ensure cleanliness and preventative maintenance programs are in place to protect assets and maintenance problems are promptly reported to Engineering through proper channels. Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to senior management. Work collaboratively with the Corporate Office to ensure Company assets are accurately tracked. Ensure associates are properly trained in the use and maintenance of Company assets.
- Leadership – Effectively and efficiently manage the staff, day-to-day operations and services. Keep abreast of brand standards and the competition's products and strengths to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality. Use business/management knowledge, applications in the industry, and experiences to provide leadership, both internally and externally, to assist senior management in positioning the hotel as a market leader. Be a coach with a positive attitude on a daily basis. Implement, manage and comply with Company policies, practices and programs. Ensure compliance with brand standards and local, state and national regulations. Ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to guests. Maintain effective and useful business relationships with preferred hotel vendors, as appropriate. Regular and timely attendance with high standards of personal behavior, appearance and grooming including wearing the proper nametag when working.
- Communication – Ensure all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Maintain a consistent professional and positive attitude when communicating with guests and associates. Maintain effective two-way communications that crosses departmental lines. Approach all encounters and actions with guests and associates in a friendly, service oriented manner. Conduct regular meetings with staff to provide organizational information and educate associates on changes and activities. Communicate restaurant activities and plans with peers and superiors to obtain appropriate consultation, guidance and approval.
- Administration – Compile and analyze various corporate reports and property reports to provide management with accurate information and to comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations. Complete all required and requested reporting in a timely and accurate manner. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested. As requested, assist with the preparation of the annual hotel budget and forecasts.