Our Location, history, people and the breathtaking views of Vail Mountain and Gore Creek. Let all of these things inspire you when working with a team of associates that Create Experiences to Remember for our Owners and Guests.
We believe in empowering fully prepared people while nurturing positive relationships with our staff, Owners and Guests. Our team provides exceptional customer service while balancing work and play and we have FUN while doing it.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our amazing team. Our success depends on you, your commitment and desire to be your best, and your unique ability to exceed our guests' and owner's expectations all while keeping the emphasis on personalized service. We look forward to your contributions, and to sharing this incredible lodge, company and opportunity with you.
Job OverviewThe Food & Beverage Intern will participate in a rotational program encompassing the Resorts Food & Beverage Outlets. This program is for Hospitality Majors looking to advance in an industry that exposes them to the places, people and practices that sets the foundation for success throughout their careers.Essential Functions
- Obtain an overall understanding of the hospitality industry
- Learn the company’s quality standards
- Become familiarized with the day to day operations
- Understand the basic functions of various departments that play a key role in the divisions’ success.
- Takes guests orders using POS system
- Accurately reports tips and hours each shift using proper documents
- Adheres to OLCC policies and procedures
- Assists chefs/cooks with food preparation
- Prepares specialty drinks
- Counts money in cash drawers at the beginning of shift and end of shift to ensure the amounts are correct and there is adequate change
- Serves guests food and beverages tableside
- Checks guests’ identification to ensure minimum age requirement for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Familiarizes him/herself with menu
- Offers creative selling of products to guests
- Explains how various menu items are prepared, describing cooking methods and ingredients
- Takes into consideration any special request, dietary issues made by the guest
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun! Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest or associate.
- Available from December 2017 until April 2018.
- Would be working in Banquets and the breakfast room
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.