Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewThe Food & Beverage Intern will participate in a rotational program encompassing the Resorts Food & Beverage Outlets. This program is for Hospitality Majors looking to advance in an industry that exposes them to the places, people and practices that sets the foundation for success throughout their careers.Essential Functions
- Obtain an overall understanding of the hospitality industry
- Learn the company’s quality standards
- Become familiarized with the day to day operations
- Understand the basic functions of various departments that play a key role in the divisions’ success.
- Takes guests orders using POS system
- Accurately reports tips and hours each shift using proper documents
- Adheres to OLCC policies and procedures
- Assists chefs/cooks with food preparation
- Prepares specialty drinks
- Counts money in cash drawers at the beginning of shift and end of shift to ensure the amounts are correct and there is adequate change
- Serves guests food and beverages tableside
- Checks guests’ identification to ensure minimum age requirement for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Familiarizes him/herself with menu
- Offers creative selling of products to guests
- Explains how various menu items are prepared, describing cooking methods and ingredients
- Takes into consideration any special request, dietary issues made by the guest
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun! Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest or associate.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.