This is a split position between the food & beverage (breakfast/ dinner) and the front desk associate position. Applicants will be working in both food and beverage as well as the front desk.
The Food and Beverage Associate will be responsible for providing excellent guest service as it pertains to the food and beverage outlets of the hotel. They will promptly address guest service needs, keep the buffet line well stocked and clean, clean and stock all areas based on inventory control. They will maintain the company’s expected high quality standards and will follow all safety protocols as dictated by company policy and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards at all times.
Essential Job Functions
: Food & Beverage
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Responsible for the Food and Beverage function of the hotel: Promptly greet guests in a friendly and professional manner. Ensure the buffet line is always well stocked and clean. Ensure the packaged products are stocked; maintain cleanliness of all food and beverage areas. Clean up the breakfast room at the end of shift, wash all dishes, ensure that everything is clean and put away.
- Ensure that all necessary food prep and required items are adequately available each day.
- Ensure Food Safety guidelines are followed at all times, ensuring all food temperatures are correct, and food prep is labeled with date prepared.
Cultivate a “Count On Me” Culture: Continuously exhibit the company’s Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience.
Essential Job Functions: Front Desk
The Wyndham Hawthorn Suites is currently seeking a
Guest Service Agent
to work on a part time status. The Guest Service Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Wyndham standards.
- Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all hotel standards are met (if applicable).
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as listed in the Red Book.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
- Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
- Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.