Westmont Hospitality Group was founded in 1975. What started with a single hotel in North America, has grown to become one of the largest privately-held hospitality organizations in the world.
Throughout the years, Westmont has had an ownership interest in and operated over 1,100 hotels. Currently this stands at over 400 hotels across three continents. Westmont has formed strategic alliances with many of the world's largest hotel brands. These include Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, InterContinental Hotels Group, Accor, Starwood, Wyndham, Choice Hotels, Radisson and Best Western. Westmont has a very diversified portfolio ranging from budget and aparthotels to mid-market business and large conference hotels to boutique hotels and luxury resorts.
Our team members are our most valued resource. Their expertise is what drives our future success.
If you are skilled in the hospitality industry and seek a stimulating workplace that fosters creativity, teamwork and personal development, contact us today. We reward our employees with the benefits and opportunities you'd expect from an industry leader.
Hilton Cincinnati Airport is seeking a Director of Food and Beverage. This is an advanced professional and administrative position responsible for the successful operation of the banquet, outlets, culinary, and event servicing operation while maintaining quality standards, profitability and customer satisfaction.
The Food and Beverage Director will:
- Monitor and check the quality of customer service in the lounge, dining and banquet areas; resolve complaints and evaluate patterns or trends in customer complaints in order to plan corrective actions
- Determine financial and operation objectives for the department(s); assist in developing the budget and business plan; analyze profit and loss statements by comparing actual with forecasted performance to determine area's effectiveness and efficiency
- Evaluate beverage costs to reduce spoilage, waste or other factors that cause costs to rise; establish par values for inventories
- Estimate staffing level requirements based on customer counts, business trends, special events, etc.; make up and/or check over weekly schedules and adjust staff size to maximize productivity without sacrificing customer service
- Make personnel decisions (hire, fire, promote, adjust salary); instruct new employees; observe and evaluate job performance of subordinates to provide feedback; develop/utilize tools to promote programs to improve productivity, safety, profitability, etc.
- Minimum 5 years food and beverage experience.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have excellent business communication skills and strong time management skills needed.
- Ability to share or divide attention among several ongoing activities, projects or assignments.
- Ability to interpret and explain company policies and procedures to others.
- Ability to adjust or balance the size of staff on a daily basis in order to maximize productivity or control labor costs without sacrificing customer service.
- Ability to plan promotional or incentive programs for employees.
- Ability to obtain support for ideas and actions from subordinates, peers, or superiors in order to accomplish a task or goal.
- Must be able to evaluate the quality of food preparation.
- Knowledge of the standards for food preparation such as cooking techniques, food presentation, beverage mixology, etc.
- Must be able to estimate costs, prepare contracts, negotiate prices for banquet functions, meetings, and weddings. Able to identify circumstances or incidents that require the notification and/or approval of others.
- Ability to do the work of those supervised. Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.Must have experience analyzing and controlling food costs.