A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts. The Group now operates or has underdevelopment over 40 hotels with more than 11,000 rooms in 25 countries in key business and leisure destinations.
Set at the heart of the US capital between Maine and Maryland Avenues and 12th and 14th Streets, SW, Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC has redefined luxury in the city. Just streets away from the nation's most revered monuments and the Smithsonian Institution, the hotel is also within easy reach of Capitol Hill and the seat of power.
It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will keep the guest's perspective in mind at all times and carry out the mission of the Food and Beverage Department. They are a vital source of support for the Food and Beverage team and overall assist in the hotel achieving its goals and objectives.
Scope of Position
The incumbent will take full responsibility for assisting members of the Food and Beverage team with a focus on the culinary department with general administrative duties associated with the hotels clients. They will be 100% efficient and professional when receiving and making telephone calls or any type of correspondence with the hotel's clients, internal and external. The Food and Beverage Coordinator will be responsible to assist with the organization and management of all HACCP and health code related tracking and documentation. The coordinator will also oversee payroll and union based standards in the culinary department. The coordinator will take notes during meetings and communicated decisions to the management team in a timely matter.
The Food and Beverage coordinator will report directly to the Director of Food and Beverage and Executive Chef equally.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Major Responsibilities:
- Maintain department filing system.
- Arrange appointments and meetings for managers and department.
- Maintain stationary storage and inventory levels.
- Compile reports and other statistical information as requested.
- Weekly collection of FLHSS paperwork and filing
- Enter all Engineering requests as assigned by the Executive Chef and Director of F&B
- Organize the F&B SOP list and training documents and updating master training matrix
- Keep a record of FLHSS meeting minutes and action plans
- Set example for all colleagues to emulate by complying with all hotel policies and procedures.
- Perform a variety of other duties as assigned and responsibilities as requested.
- Culinary payroll
- Time and a third review with schedules
- Print out sign-in and out sheet for time edit requests
- Communicate weekly Private dining reservations and large party reservations for the restaurants
- Financial Responsibilities:
- Account for departmental expenditure through the hotel's check-book as and when requested.
- Produce and submit purchase orders according to the hotel's procedure, as requested.
- Solid administration skills including but not limited to accurate and timely filing, proofreading and editing documents, managing multiple incoming telephone calls, faxing, mailing, and creating various business documents is required.
- Typing skills of at least 50 words per minute.
- Fluent in English with demonstrated use of professional verbiage; superior communication skills are required.
- Ability to successfully utilize Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly including early mornings, evenings and weekends as business needs may require.
- High school diploma required.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a luxury hospitality environment strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to successfully handle pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of management, colleagues, guests and clients.