The Food & Beverage Administrative Assistant is responsible for clerical, administrative, and other duties to assist in the smooth operation of the food & beverage department, primarily banquets and convention services. He/she is also responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Greet and welcome all guests in accordance with Wyndham standards.
- Answer guest inquires about hotel and conference center services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
- Answer telephone and email messages. Respond accordingly.
- Maintain and stay abreast of the latest computer programs/innovations (as applicable).
- Open and distribute mail.
- Filing of all pertinent correspondence in a timely manner.
- Type all correspondence pertaining to department.
- Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the office.
- Type and distribute meeting minutes.
- Maintain trace file as needed.
- Revise Banquet Event Orders (BEOS) as per BEO Meetings .
- Assist with daily operations of the Restaurants/Banquets if needed.
- Assist with payroll and scheduling.
- Assist with finances such as accruals & PO/Checkbook process
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.