Floor Care Lobby Utility
Embassy Suites - San Antonio
Location: US - TX - San Antonio
Job Purpose: Under the direct supervision of the hotel's Executive Housekeeper, take ownership in assuring that the existing flooring materials of the hotel are properly protected from soil, cleaned regularly and maintained to a high level of appearance.
- Under supervision, establish, evaluate and perform work on a cleaning and preventive maintenance program for all flooring surfaces of the hotel.
- Under supervision, keep abreast of all new cleaning procedures, cleaning products and technology that can be used in maintaining and enhancing the floor finishes of the hotel.
- Under supervision, work to build a "team" approach among the various hotel departments to assist in the overall philosophy of keeping the hotel floors clean and fresh in appearance.
- On your own, take initiative to be a hotel ambassador by always greeting hotel guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- On your own, stock cleaning cart with appropriate supplies for shift.
- On your own sweep, vacuum, wet mop, scrub, buff and properly maintain hotel floors using hand tools, brooms, brushes, mops vacuums and other powered equipment.
- On your own, abide by the regulations set forth by material safety data sheets of various cleaning products.
- On your own, observe and report the need for repairs to equipment, furniture and building components.
- With very little supervision, keep floor maintenance equipment in good repair. Keep floor cleaning utility closet rooms in a clean and well organized fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain focus on cleaning projects while coping with various other interruptions.
- Ability to understand instructions, and learn procedures and techniques.
- Ability to perform routine work or the same task over and over again.
HS Diploma or equivalent