A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Scope and Range
The Financial Controller is responsible for the determination of optimum control objectives and for the installation and maintenance of appropriate internal control systems over income, expenditure, assets and liabilities within the hotel. In the performance of these duties the Financial Controller must maintain a spirit of responsiveness among all persons and functions supervised, in order to produce a positive and unified approach to the fulfillment of the position.
- To direct, manage and support development, implementation, maintenance and administration of all financial controls and accounting procedures, based upon a maximisation of internal control techniques consistent with MOHG established policies and generally accepted principles, as adapted to the requirements of the hotel's management contract and other legal requirements.
- To play an active role in the management of the hotel and to exercise a responsive attitude to the needs of the Area General Manager and other members of the hotel management team.
- To be actively involved in the search for opportunities to improve the profitability of the hotel and encourage the preparation of reports and analyses to help meet and measure the success of this objective.
- To maintain the treasury, legal licences, tax documentation and controls regarding these areas.
- To control the accounts payable department and the central accounting.
- Supervision of the purchasing department and the accounts receivable department.
- To control fixed assets.
- To ensure that financial reports, forecasts and budget controls are prepared to MOHG guidelines and reported punctually and accurately.
- To control and be responsible for data processing throughout the hotel.
- To monitor economic, social and governmental trends and policies so as to ensure that the Area General Manager and MOHG corporate management are kept fully informed of any implications which may affect the performance of the hotel in meeting its financial objectives.
- Authorisation of Purchase Orders and Cheques
- Forecasting, Budgeting, Control and Meeting attendance
- Information reporting, both internal and external
- Development of business ideas for future benefit
- Delegation of duties, motivation of colleagues and to carry out annual appraisals on all team members
- To liaise with the Learning & Development Manager on departmental training needs
- To carry out any other reasonable requests as directed by the General Manager
- A professional accounting qualification with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong commercial acumen with solid knowledge of international accounting and tax standards
- Sound knowledge in and commitment to internal control & risk management
- High energy with a proven ability to lead
- Excellent written and spoken English and Turkish.