At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting preferred.
- Five years work experience required of a high quality conference centre, hotel or resort.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Work collaboratively with owner representatives and promptly respond to requests for changes and information.
- Maintain and secure assets, minimizing outstanding receivables and investments inventories.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure expenses are recorded accurately and timely.
- Prepare in conjunction with General Manager and Department Heads, all operational budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare cash flow forecast on a monthly basis.
- Oversee preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial statements.
- Develop and maintain internal controls in all departments.
- Maintain all contracts, leases and other legal and financial records.
- Implement and support property operating policies and procedures.
- Operate in compliance with all local, state and federal laws and government regulations.
- Ensure property is in compliance with Management Contracts.
- Assist in development of Risk Management program. Maintain insurance (general liability, property and Worker’s Compensation) programs.
- Coordinate all financial audits by outside Companies.
- Coordinate all internal financial training and development of department heads and managers.
- Function as financial advisor to the management team and provide on-going special project leadership.
- Prepare periodic presentations at owner’s meetings.