HEI views our associates as our greatest resource, and we hire and develop the best. We have a culture of winning, we embrace change, thrive on challenge and always seek to surpass our personal bests. Defined by our unique business platform, our environment is fast-paced, expansive and ever-evolving, yet stable, consistent, enduring. It is a high-performance culture where innovation and entrepreneurial spirit are evident; initiative and results are rewarded.
Our people know they're in on the ground floor of a company with all the cornerstones of success in place: experienced leaders, steady investors, a strong track record and long - term career potential. And in turn, each of our associates thrive because HEI's distinctly advantaged infrastructure creates a supportive, educational culture as well as unlimited opportunities for personal and professional success on every level.
An engaging, high-energy environment, HEI presents a rare career opportunity: the chance to shape a powerful leader in the hospitality industry.
|The Financial Analyst, Property Compliance will work in conjunction with the Finance Compliance Manager to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of hotel balance sheet reviews and completion as well as other financial controls as needed. The Financial Analyst will be an integral part of the HEI Controls & Compliance team. The Analyst will engage with multiple stakeholders including Corporate Finance leadership, hotel associates, hotel leadership, and Executive Management in order to evaluate hotel balance sheets and assist HEI in improving the overall effectiveness of operating controls.
HEI is experiencing unprecedented growth. This position will function as the "eyes and ears" of the Vice President, Internal Controls & Compliance, to support successful financial performance of the business and accurate financial reporting.
This role will be based at the HEI Corporate Office in Norwalk, CT and will require travel less than 10% of the time.
* Coordinate review of hotel balance sheets and balance sheet reconciliations.
* Ensure that appropriate follow-up actions are implemented based on discoveries within Internal Audits, Monthly Finance Checklists, Balance Sheet reviews, and Internal Control Questionnaires.
* Develop and evaluate finance team members to ensure they are adhering to the recommended usage of HEI tools and processes.
* Prepare analyses and presentations to the HEI corporate senior leadership team and ownership groups on an ad-hoc basis.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Assist in developing and updating SOPs, as needed.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned by Vice President, Internal Control of Finance or other Senior Leadership.
The following are specific contributions that the position must possess:
* Review Balance Sheet reconciliations
* Assist in Balance Sheet reconciliation preparation
* Train hotels as needed on HEI Standard Operating Procedures
* Review Hotel Internal Control Questionnaires ("ICQs") and improve the ICQ process.
* Assist in preparing portfolio wide risk assessment
* Assist in managing PCI/EMV Compliance
* Assist hotels with Third Party/External, Owner, or statutory audits as needed.
* Identify and assist in developing practical strategies to mitigate identified internal control deficiencies.
* Monitor and assist with the Company's SOX compliance efforts;
* Identify areas in need of improvement and assist Management with developing action plans to enhance controls and streamline processes.
* Monitor Management's timely completion of assigned action plans.
* Assist Management with improving the design of internal controls and developing action plans to remediate deficiencies found in internal controls tested.
* Demonstrate the ability to support, evaluate, and mentor qualified financial leaders within hotels to ensure Risk and Control
Objectives are consistently achieved.
* Demonstrate working knowledge of The Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry, 11th Edition, U.S. GAAP, Hospitality Industry "Best Practices," and HEI Standard Operating Procedures.
* B.S. in Accounting or Hotel Management
* Graduate degree/Professional Certification (CPA, CIA, CFE, CHAE) preferred
* Knowledge of balance sheet reconciliation preparation and review
* Knowledge of hotel accounting/finance preferred
* Working (Practical) Knowledge of The Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 ("SOX").
Skills and Knowledge
* Extremely high ethical standards.
* Ability to understand financial transactions in a hotel, restaurant, golf course, or resort environment.
* Ability to understand transactional flow in a property accounting environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Strong communication and presentation skills to be able to be comfortable and effective at presenting to senior management.
* Fluent Command of the English language, both written and verbal.
* Strong strategic focus, as this position may perform balance sheet reviews onsite.
* Extremely strong analytical skills and business acumen.
* Strong sensitivity to internal and external customer needs.
* Desire to grow further in the company and assume additional functional/leadership responsibilities.
* Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, with a high degree of proficiency in Excel.
* Strong background and experience with various G/L, Business Intelligence, PMS, POS, Payroll, and Time & Attendance systems.
* Experience with Local/City/State Sales/Use/Occupancy Tax Audits.
* Detail- and accuracy-oriented; successful with meeting deadlines.
* Organized, operationally supportive, and self-motivated.
* Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL or Great Plains, preferred.
* Flexible, adaptable to change, and a team player.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled