Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Manages all Housekeeping, Laundry and Engineering operations to meet/exceed
Company standards, provide outstanding guest service, and financial profitability.
Ensures proper maintenance of facility. Builds and manages teams effectively.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Provides guidance and direction to ensure overall departmental success.
Manages subordinate supervisors/lead personnel who supervise team members
in the assigned Housekeeping and Engineering areas.
2. Participates in the hiring process by interviewing potential team members and
selecting those that best meet staffing needs.
3. Monitors and develops team member performance to include, but not limited to,
providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and
delivering recognition and reward.
4. Develops, implements and manages the hotel's maintenance program.
5. Maintain safe environment throughout hotel for all team members and guests.
6. Ensures team members have current knowledge of proper usage of tools,
chemicals and cleaning supplies by providing training and ensuring proper
labeling and handling of hazardous supplies in accordance with federal, state,
local and company regulations. Monitors usage of supplies.
7. Monitors and assesses service and satisfaction trends, evaluates and addresses
issues and makes improvements accordingly. Resolves customer complaints and
anticipates potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints,
operational issues, business flow and team member performance to ensure high
levels of customer satisfaction and quality.
8. Must wear slip-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes
immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use
of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have
the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the
proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the
required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or
lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains
strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and
familiarizes self with current MSDS.
9. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential
function of the job.
10. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints,
intoxication or disruptive behavior.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Vocational schooling, military training,
certification and/or experience in building related trades desired in one or more of
the following areas desired: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry.
Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management desired.
2. Five or more years related Housekeeping, Engineering or Facilities Management
experience and one year as Supervisor/Assistant Manager in similar setting.
3. Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing
training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides
a high level of guest satisfaction.
4. Prefer thorough working knowledge of building systems including HVAC,
electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, roofs, building finishes, mechanical operations,
energy management and Preventative Maintenance Programs.
5. Requires general knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping transactions
commonly used at comparable hotel or resort.
6. Requires strong computer skills including Word, Excel and Energy Management
10. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail.
11. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write
reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, team
members, guests and the general public. Must be able to speak, read, write and
understand English to communicate with management, team members and
guests. Bilingual Spanish preferred.
12. Must complete training on proper disposal/handling of sharps, such as needles,
and follow proper procedures.
13. Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
14. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be
required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
DoubleTree by Hilton Irvine Spectrum is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D.