At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Inspiring ways to “Bee the Difference” with every guest and employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our “Bee the Difference” Culture. We provide benefits for Fulltime employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability and recently adding Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance.
Company 401 k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees including complimentary lunch, uniforms, and a continuous education opportunity with our Grove Graduate Program.
Our NEW destination. Yours to discover.
The Grove Resort & Spa, where we have perfected the art of meeting your high expectations.
BASIC FUNCTION: To assist in the effective management and direction of restaurant operations in reference to quality service, supervision of employees, monitor quality and consistency of food production, cost control, and inventory.
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION,KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
v Education: High School diploma required. Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management preferred.
v Experience: Restaurant Supervisory experience preferred.
v Licenses or certificates: Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate. Example: Illinois Health Card Permit, Illinois Liquor Service Permit. CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
v Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance in accordance with Eaglewood Standards (specific written standards available).
v Other: Additional language ability preferred.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of Food & Beverage operations and preparation techniques.
- Excellent mathematical abilities in order to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue
productions, and other hotel financial statements.
- Ability to work entire shift standing and moving about in restaurants and kitchen area.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English language, to understand internal
documents, reports, and to interact effectively with guests and employees.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high
levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
1. Assist in the direction and supervision of food servers, bus persons, and other staff in reference to schedules, service standards, training, motivation, and safety. (20%)
2. Assist in ensuring that restaurant complies with sanitation and safety standards for guests and employees. Check that all equipment is in working order. Visually inspect and take action to ensure that facilities in restaurant look appealing and attractive to guests. Follow up on work orders so repairs and maintenance of facility are completed on a timely basis. (15%)
3. Monitor product quality and guest satisfaction in restaurant. Ensure that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications. Interact with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet. (20%)
4. Document inventory forecast usage and monitor supply so that restaurants are stocked with linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments, in order to provide service. (20%)
5. Participate in marketing efforts of restaurants, create menu ideas, survey competition and report food trends, and assist in preparations of specials. Interact with customers to determine needs, satisfaction and resolve conflicts. (15%)
6. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Benchmark from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
7. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
8. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Benchmark rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V