The Rizzo Center in Chapel Hill, North Carolina is a sophisticated meeting destination ideally situated near Research Triangle Park (RTP) and the Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Secluded on 30 acres of lush wooded landscape, the environment and architecture of the Center inspires creative thinking and encourages fresh perspectives. We foster a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Your role will be integral to the success of our hotel. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to grow their careers.
Our associates are proud to work here!
Job OverviewWith genuine care and consideration of our guests’ expectations, you will be responsible for setting up assigned tables for our banquet functions. You will warmly and enthusiastically serve our guests ensuring they have everything they desire including but not limited to; alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables.Essential Functions
- Enjoy taking pride in your organization skills and efficient work ethic while completing pre function side work as designated by the Banquet Captain and/or Banquet Managers
- Efficiently and properly perform all service standards to exceed guest and co-associate expectations
- Be attentive and proactive as you attend to all needs of the guests during functions and function related duties
- Educate yourself and be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws
- Be attentive and follow all details as described on Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s)
- Express your eye for detail while setting tables to specifications, carry trays, and have excellent customer service experience.
- Experience. Two years’ previous experience providing customer service preferably in a similar setting with a working knowledge of Food and beverage service. Must meet the legal age requirement to serve alcohol.
- Flexible. Must be able to work varied shifts, including Weekday Evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Friendly. Must be able to deliver a fun and friendly environment during each guest exchange
- Energetic. Must be able to work within an empowered and fast paced environment that services the bar and servers within the restaurant
- Knowledge. County Specific Food Handlers Certification, State specific alcohol certification and/or TIPs certification required
- Display high knowledge of restaurant service, policies, and procedures
- Ability to develop an effective working relationship with fellow employees and supervisors
- Ability to deal professionally with the guest and coworkers
- Competitive compensation including Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Sick Pay. In addition, meals are provided FREE OF CHARGE on site by our illustrious chef and food and beverage team during your shift. FREE PARKING. Various fun and engaging employee events are scheduled throughout the year!
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.