F&B Purchasing Manager - Hilton Hawaiian Village
What will I be doing?
A Purchasing Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and controlling all purchasing and supply management functions of the hotel to ensure that the most suitable quality product is purchased at the best possible price while adhering to corporate policies and scheduling demands. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
* Manage daily Primary Supplier relationships and activities. Places all Primary Supplier Distribution Program orders directly with supplier via telephone, computer and facsimile machine.
* Determines the food and beverage requirements for all catering menus, and orders according to guarantee of the menus.
* Maintains regional and corporate purchasing programs and arrangements. Ensures adherence to all corporate purchasing policies and procedures such as the requisition process.
* Supervises purchasing and storeroom staff, including interviewing prospective employees for the purchasing department; training, coaching, counseling and disciplining, to ensure the smooth operation of all aspects of the purchasing department, such as ordering, receiving, issuing and storing.
* Monitors the grades and quality of products received to ensure that they meet the hotel's established standards.
* Participates in all hotel meetings inclusive of but not limited to staff, F&B and catering menu meetings.
* Personally checks and ensures appropriate levels of inventories are maintained to minimize waste and maximize ratio turnover.
* Communicates with internal customers and facilitates the ordering of operating supplies according to hotel needs and specifications. Forecasts operational needs and schedules deliveries accordingly to meet operational requirements.
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
College diploma required. Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Five years purchasing and inventory experience at a similar volume hotel. Two years of supervisory experience required, preferably in purchasing. Food and Beverage knowledge, food and beverage purchasing experience required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
A.P.P. certification preferred, willing to seek C.P.M. certification.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have full knowledge of food, beverage and operating supply products and purchasing procedures.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry items up to 50 lbs. overhead or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing up to approximately 300 lbs. Goods must be moved one or more items at a time, depending on size and weight, at a continuous schedule.
- Basic mathematical and computer skills to order items and track deliveries. Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet programs (current version) and database management systems.
- Ability to conduct comparative analysis.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to complete forms and inventories, read billings and invoices, and communicate with co-workers, suppliers and executive management.
- Ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct employees, coach, train and discipline, as necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and communicative skills.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!