F&B Outlets Manager
Langham Hotel Boston
Location: US - MA - Boston
Boston, MA, US 02110
PURPOSE FO THE JOB
The Outlets Manager is a member of the Food and Beverage team whose primary responsibility is to ensure that the Hotel’s service standards and Food & Beverage requirements are exceeding expectations. Hospitable, welcoming and friendly guest service are essential requirements of the position, along with necessary technical skills required for the operation of a hotel restaurant.
- Prepare daily/weekly payroll and schedule
- Schedule and conduct monthly departmental meetings
- Responsible for overseeing operation of Bond
- Responsible for inventory and supplies, approve all requisitions to ensure operation is held at par standards
- Organize and coordinate special events
- Ensure maximum level of guest service while maintaining Langham standards
- Responsible for maintaining food and beverage cost to appropriate levels in Bond
- Promote the BOND experience to internal and external guests
- Give directions and oversee the performances of the Food & Beverage Assistant Manager
- Keep a high level of creativity among the team and apply to menus and beverage lists
- Attend daily/weekly meetings, i.e. leaders’ meetings, daily operations meetings, weekly F&B meetings
- Conduct annual PRIDE reviews for staff members
- Participating in menu planning
- Interviewing and training new staff members. Handle all disciplinary actions necessary
- Additional duties not mentioned above may also be requested by supervisor
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/GENERAL REQUIREMENTS/REQUIRED PHYSICAL, MENTAL ABILITIES
- Use written (verbal/visual) sources of information, e.g. read reports, procedural documentation, and reference materials.
- Use non-verbal/visual sources of information, e.g. reference graphs, tables.
- Use verbal auditory sources of information, e.g. interviews, group meetings.
- Use non-verbal auditory sources of information, e.g. alarms.
- Use oral communication to perform work, e.g. answer telephone, and receive visitors.
- Digital dexterity, e.g. using computer keyboard.
- Stand; Reach; Grasp; Lift/Carry up to 30lbs.; Walk; Kneel; Squat/Bend; Push/Pull
- Make decisions in the absence of specific directions, e.g. prioritizing workload
- Perform activities requiring sustained concentration, e.g. designing, planning work.