Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Associate will be required to work day/and or evening shifts, both weekdays and weekends.
1. Understand the mission, vision and game plan of the hotel.
2. Strong leadership skills and has the ability to apply them.
3. Establish goals and objectives to improve the department.
4. Ability to understand Guests’ service needs.
5. Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and complete all work assigned.
6. Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
7. Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests’, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
8. Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
9. Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team. Ability to build morale and spirit.
10. Ability to adhere to work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and adhere to company dress standards.
11. Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of operation.
12. Ability to meet or exceed productivity and performance standards and complete tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
13. Ability to take and give direction.
14. Ability to interact with people beyond giving and receiving instructions, particularly in resolving complaints and problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Welcomes and connects with every customer.
2. Demonstrates guest service behavior by taking care of customer needs.
3. Follows and directs others to follow store policies and procedures for operational flow at each station.
4. Ensures all company policies, store operating standards, and procedures are communicated effectively and maintained and followed in a consistent manner.
5. Organizes work throughout store in a manner that facilitates efficient customer service and profitable operation.
6. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
7. Follows and directs others to follow standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing all product.
8. Places orders and performs special projects to assist with shift operations.
9. Contributes to store goals for increasing sales and improving profit.
10. Ensuring accounting and banking responsibilities are met by self and baristas.
11. Records and is accountable for store funds while running a shift.
12. Ensures all cash handling and cash register functions are performed in an accurate and consistent manner.
13. Maintains accountability for store operations, associate development and financial contribution.
14. Ensures the proper types and amounts of materials, supplies and merchandise are ordered and stocked.
15. Acts as a role model while providing guidance and training to the store employees on all the performance expectations listed in Initial Store Training.
16. Ensures the employees adhere to the meal and break policies.
17. Demonstrates and ensures all Starbucks standards are followed.
18. Communicates store and associate concerns to the store manager in an effective manner.
19. Successfully completes and implements Advanced Store Training.
20. Train and develops Employees.
21. Assist with ordering and inventory.
22. Maintains Quality Store Operations
23. Ensure Starbucks and Marriott standards are met.
24. Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality follow all operational procedures including call/off.
25. Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture and values of Starbucks
26. Maintain a clean and organized workplace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed3
27. Assist with all store promotional set up and display.
28. Providing quality beverages whole bean and food products consistently for all customer
29. Anticipate customer and store needs by consistently evaluation environment and customer cues.
Schedule baristas to meet business needs.
Food and Beverage Outlet
1. Assist in supervising Food and Beverage Outlets including but not limited to:
1. Enforce policies regarding these areas including liquor requisitions.
2. Responsible for the liquor par levels in beverage areas.
3. Ensuring beverage staff members follow proper procedures for ordering, pouring, and cashiering.
4. Coordinate all aspects of large groups with reservations in the restaurant/beverage.
5. Responsible for reservations on holidays.
6. Responsible for monthly beverage inventory.
7. Set up and monitor regular contests and promotions.
8. Assist with implementation of special promotions.
1. Hold a pre-shift meeting with staff prior to reporting to stations.
2. Be prepared for each daily activity and review any variations with management and staff.
3. Work shifts are covered with adequate staff, ensure correct staffing during peak periods and high occupancy.
4. Communicate daily with department managers and MOD to assure consistency and pass on pertinent information.
5. Consistently monitor the performance of associates on an on-going basis and provide feedback. Reward, discipline and document associate performance and provide timely counseling. Address associate complaints and resolve problems.
6. Supervise the staff and handle any associate situation.
7. Properly handle all administrative work with regard to interviewing, hiring, performance appraisals and terminations of staff.
8. Select qualified, goal and service oriented individuals and develop these individuals with clear guidelines to associates.
9. Ensure staff is properly groomed and uniformed at all times.
10. Ensure work area cleanliness is maintained at all times. Issue daily and weekly cleaning assignments to include sidework duties.
11. Maintain efficiency in the operation of the staff in a high standard of quality of service and courtesy, bringing total satisfaction to our guests and the hotel.
12. Maintain close control and inventory of uniforms, supplies, and equipment.
13. Prepare and post weekly schedules in accordance to guest needs and staff availability.
14. Conduct frequent hospitality audits to ensure the staff are conducting themselves in the manner appropriate for the department. Ensure Service Excellence Standards are in place.
15. Maintain a complete and accurate set of logs.
16. Prepare and submit accident or injury reports when needed.
17. Be a Team Player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
18. Ensure all guests who experience a problem receive an appropriate response, any promised compensation is delivered, and an appropriate follow up in a timely and professional manner.
19. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Hotel policy and applicable laws.
20. Plan, assign and direct work of associates.
21. Prepare payroll as required.
22. Promote open channels of communication between all hotel departments.
1. Ensure all associates are safety conscious and trained in safe work practices.
2. Have a thorough knowledge of hotel fire regulations and policy, accident reports, safety programs, and what the direct duties are in relation to each; ensure that all associates are properly trained in these procedures.
3. Implement proper training program and control the training of the staff to top efficiency and in accordance with Marriott policies.
4. Facilitate new hire training.
5. Facilitate departmental training modules; continually monitor, evaluate, and revise training content to reflect changes in the process; address the needs identified by associates.
1. Accountable for the financial performance of the department