The Resort at Squaw Creek, a AAA Four-Diamond resort, is ideally situated at the base of Squaw Valley USA, home of the 1960 Winter Olympics. The Resort at Squaw Creek instills in all of its employees the belief that we are a proud team dedicated to a quality experience for our guests, owners and associates. All members of the Resort at Squaw Creek Team are empowered to provide a quality guest service and an exceptional associate experience.
For all associates, the Resort offers ski pass discounts, free golf play, amenity discounts, national hotel discounts, the diversity of working with people from all over the world, and the ability to work and live in a community of the luxurious mountains of Lake Tahoe where the activities are endless all year round.
Job OverviewThe Food & Beverage Intern will participate in a rotational program encompassing the Resorts Food & Beverage Outlets. This program is for Hospitality Majors looking to advance in an industry that exposes them to the places, people and practices that sets the foundation for success throughout their careers.Essential Functions
- Obtain an overall understanding of the hospitality industry
- Learn the company’s quality standards
- Become familiarized with the day to day operations
- Understand the basic functions of various departments that play a key role in the divisions’ success.
- Takes guests orders using POS system
- Accurately reports tips and hours each shift using proper documents
- Adheres to OLCC policies and procedures
- Assists chefs/cooks with food preparation
- Prepares specialty drinks
- Counts money in cash drawers at the beginning of shift and end of shift to ensure the amounts are correct and there is adequate change
- Serves guests food and beverages tableside
- Checks guests’ identification to ensure minimum age requirement for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Familiarizes him/herself with menu
- Offers creative selling of products to guests
- Explains how various menu items are prepared, describing cooking methods and ingredients
- Takes into consideration any special request, dietary issues made by the guest
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun! Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest or associate.
- Must adhere to the J1 required documentation
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.