Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
- Oversee / service F&B area(s) you are assigned for your shift, areas that you could oversee include banquets / catering / ABQ Grille / Lobby Bar / Room Service / Sol Café / Club Lounge
- Requisition additional help as required in F&B areas.
- Communicate, timing and accurate #’s with Chef / Kitchen Staff before and during functions
- Direct the setting up of tables and decorations.
- Plan the serving order and orchestrate its completion in a timely, quiet and courteous manner.
- Ensure that servers are ready to serve the meal when it is prepared.
- Observe guests to fulfill any additional requests, to perceive when the next course should begin or when the meal is completed.
- Supervise wait staff and set-up staff.
- Aid in the operation of F&B areas check control.
- Ensure Food and Beverage areas are clean, maintained and write any necessary work order to repair.
- Train all set-up and wait staff.
- Ensure proper banquet check posting and entered into MICROS and Delphi
- Actively participates in banquet room set-up and service.
- Inventory all equipment.
- Display awareness and compliance with security, safety, emergency and energy procedures.
- Relieve the F&B director / banquet manager and operate the department.
- Meet and greet hotel / catering guests in friendly and warm manner, to ensure all needs are met.
- Report to work for scheduled shift, on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy.
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
- Fill bar liquor requisitions..
- Ensure that beverage requisition system is utilized properly.
- Ensure proper set up and break down of all banquet bars.
- Ensure that all food and beverage staff follows side work and cleaning lists.
- Ensure proper coverage in the food and beverage department.
- Ensure proper training of all F&B area associates, assistants and room service personnel.
- Ensure proper cash handling procedures are being followed.
- Hold pre-shift meetings with the staff daily.
- Ensure GEI and MPSI are at or above goals that are set and above Starwood brand Average.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Speak clearly easily with all kinds of people to put them at ease.
- Must be able to fluently speak , read and write English.
- Use judgment and reasoning to cope with emergencies such as sudden illness, accident or interrupted service.
- Perform a variety of activities, changing activities frequent and sometimes without notice.
- Plan the work of others.
Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Must live in the local area or within commuting distance.
- Local applicants will be considered first.
- Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to converse in basic English.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must meet grooming standards.
- We provide a substance free environment. Substance testing is mandatory.
- Candidate must be able to pass a background and credit check.
- Meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Must meet or exceed the team expectations.
- An energetic personality.
- Must possess New Mexico Alcohol Certification card.
- High School degree or equivalent.