At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Willing to be trained or prior 1 year related experience.
- Requires knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession.
- Ability to make quick decisions in high stress situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Pleasant and positive personality.
- Well organized.
- Ability to listen effectively, speaks, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
Cleaning of all rolling stock and racks, silver, presoaking and operation of dish machine. Perform special cleaning projects as assigned. Ensure physical atmosphere and cleanliness of all areas of responsibilities. Clean walls, tables, racks, sinks, floor mats and disposal area. Polish stainless steel. Clean ovens, hoods, filters, drains, hot boxes, steam tables, flat boxes and ceiling vents, according to schedule or as specified by Executive Steward. Ensure all trash is emptied at end of shifts; containers washed out and returned to kitchens. Providing a pleasant and efficient atmosphere for co-employees and guests. Follow all property programs to ensure compliance with the SOPs and STOs; to include safety and sanitary regulation, all federal, state and local regulations to ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to the guest. Assist with all banquet functions, china, silverware, glassware, chaffers, and help with delivering food to rooms. Communicate effective information to the next shift using the Stewarding LOG BOOK and or orally.
1. Maintain Mop Stations in each kitchen with 2 mops/buckets, 2 brooms and proper cleaning solutions.
2. Cooperate with kitchen and restaurant personnel and their needs to ensure that guests are taken care of.
3. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
4. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Benchmark rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Indoors, dimly lit, carpeted, climate controlled environment. Hard kitchen floors with occasional slippery or greasy areas. Handling hot china and silver. Outdoors, cement surfaces, with exposure to outdoor climate and elements.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V