At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
1. Two years related experience.
2. One year supervisory experience.
3. Knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession.
4. Ability to make quick decisions in high stress situations.
5. Pleasant and positive personality.
6. Well organized.
7. Ability to effectively communicate in English & Spanish.
8. Ability to understand and give written and verbal instructions.
9. Ability to use Outlook and MS Word.
10. Serve Safe Certification and State Sanitation Certification preferred.
1. Maintain organization and ensure proper storage and cleaning of all rolling stock and racks, silver, presoaking and operation of dish machine.
2. Perform special cleaning projects as assigned.
3. Ensure good physical condition and cleanliness of all areas of responsibilities.
4. Clean walls, tables, racks, sinks, floor mats and disposal area. Polish stainless steel.
5. Clean ovens, hoods, filters, drains, hot boxes, steam tables, flat boxes and ceiling vents, according to schedule or as specified by chef.
6. Ensure all trash is emptied at end of shifts and when needed; containers washed out and returned to kitchens.
7. Monitoring of cleaning supplies.
8. Attending department head, conference review, food and beverage and pre-con meetings as required.
9. Participate in preparation of performance evaluations of stewarding staff.
10. Abide by safety and sanitary regulations.
11. Assist in recruitment and development of employees.
12. Assist with all banquet functions, china, silverware, glassware, chaffers, and help with delivering food to rooms.
13. Maintain Mop Stations in each kitchen and proper cleaning solutions.
14. Cooperate with kitchen and restaurant personnel and their needs to ensure that guests are taken care of.
15. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.