Langham Hotel Boston
Location: US - MA - Boston
Boston, MA, US 02110
Purpose of the Job:
To implement, supervise and maintain Langham Hotel standards and procedures in food and beverage Stewarding department through management of all stewarding personnel.
1. To oversee cleaning, inventories and storage all china, glassware and silverware assets.
2. Maintain Langham Hotel and Massachusetts Health Department standard of sanitation of all food and beverage production work areas and well as equipment, small wares, china, glassware and sliver.
3. Make decisions on daily operation issues as well as administration and overall operational issues involving support to all food and beverage department sanitation and asset supply needs
4. Assist in controlling costs by effective purchasing of china, glassware, sliver and props.
5. Interview, hire and schedule stewarding staff to effectively operate department while keeping within budgeted cost guidelines
6. Oversee safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures and participate in safety committee
5. Act as lead trainer in all Stewarding related procedures - motivate and coach
1. Participate in creative development of food and beverage buffet setups and displays
2. Communicate with all departments and managers on food service related issues
3. Develop procedures in relation to all Stewarding service functions including sanitation, storage, recycling, setups, inventory par levels and purchasing of assets
4. Set example throughout department by following employee handbook procedures including grooming, attendance and punctuality
- Be able to effectively communicate to all employees through both written and verbal skills
- Maintain a confident and calm presence
- Make logical, intellectual, creative and critical decisions
- Be self motivated, organized and discipline in work performance
- Process a 4 year culinary degree and/ or minimum 5 years experience including management responsibilities in luxury hotel or restaurant of similar quality of Langham Hotel Boston
- Ability to stand, sit, grasp, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, walk, kneel, squat, bend, push and pull
- Use nonverbal auditory and visual sources of information e.g. alarms
- Additional duties not listed may also be required by supervisor