At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
This is accomplished through the effective use of planning, directing, controlling, measurement, and evaluation techniques.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
A Spectacular Mountaintop Retreat
The AAA Four Diamond Stonewall Resort is a spectacular lakeside retreat in Roanoke, surrounded on every side by West Virginia’s rolling countryside, the Arnold Palmer designed golf course or the peaceful waters of Stonewall Jackson Lake. Stonewall’s guests lounge on the lakeside patio, explore miles of West Virginia hiking trails, play a thrilling round of golf - or two. Whether they are here for a conference, romantic getaway, family vacation, or for the most important day of their life, stays at Stonewall Resort offer endless possibilities for fun and relaxation amidst nature’s grandeur. We are also a dog friendly resort!
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
· Develop and maintain an organized cleaning system:
· Number all pieces of equipment to be cleaned.
· Develop chart of kitchen layout.
· Assign days and shifts to clean each.
· Maintain budgeted labor and supply cost.
· Establish and maintain an accurate perpetual inventory for all china, glass and silver.
· Train and develop positive employee skills and relations.
· Monitor peak periods and coordinate ware washing with overall sanitation program.
· Train staff on health and sanitation standards and codes.
· Issuing all china, glass and silver to banquet functions.
· Coordinate cleaning after function and putting everything away.
· Conduct and attend regular meetings, such as Department Head.
· Develop training manuals and HazMat safety sheets.
· Conduct performance evaluations on all stewarding employees.
· Interview all new applicants.
· Responsible for turning in payroll daily to Food and Beverage Director.
· Prepare schedules on a weekly basis.
Formal Education and Job-Related Requirements
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· College degree or equivalent working experience
· Three years’ experience in a hotel or conference center environment.
· Two years supervisory skills
· Experience working with chemicals.
· Knowledge of kitchen cleaning, including stoves, and floors.
· Organizational skills.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
This position requires the employee to engage in Frequent Walking, Bending, Balancing, Pushing, Pulling, Carrying up to 50lbs, Gross Motor Skills, Far Vision, Hearing, Reaching, Manual Dexterity, Eye Hand Coordination, Near Vision & Color Recognition; Occasional Crouching, Crawling & Kneeling; Constant Standing
The position involves the following Environmental Factors: Working Inside, Alone, Closely with Others, Excessive Humidity/Dampness, Above Ground; Working with Noice/Vibrations, Chemicals/Detergents/Cleaners; Working around Fumes/Gas/Smoke; Walking on Uneven Surfaces.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.