A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Reg. FULL TIME POSITION.
Are you a self-motivated, fast thinking individual that seeks challenges with enthusiasm; has a high sense of urgency, and can juggle and reprioritize work as needed? Do you have a true passion for food and cooking? Do you take pride in your ability to motivate and lead a team to ensure product and quality are consistently upheld at the highest level? Are you efficient, consistent, and have a strong attention to detail?
If the answer is YES, Balboa Bay Resort is looking for you!
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef to oversee and direct the Culinary operation and team to prepare and create memorable experiences for weddings, fundraisers, corporate events, meetings, special events, and other group functions. The Executive Sous Chef is a valuable contributor for a high quality and fine dining experience and is accountable for the quality, consistency, and elevation of all events.
- Menu development
- Managing the food production for banquets and catered events
- Training, supervising, motivating, coaching, developing culinary team
- Scheduling culinary staff and assigning duties for efficient operation
- Ensuring quality and consistency are at the highest level while maximizing the operation's personnel and resources
- Read, write and communicate to decipher tickets, purchase order requisitions, Banquet Event Orders and Preparation Lists
- Understand and implement food costs
- Instilling strong safety and sanitation habits in team members
- Exhibiting a hands-on approach to ensuring quality, presentation, and consistency in meeting company standards
- Effectively assigns tasks to ensure the efficient use of allocated labor and achievement of maximum results
- Set up, cleanliness and organization of the Banquet culinary team
- Maintaining ongoing knowledge of industry trends
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with other departments and culinary team members
- Recommending measures to improve production/service methods, equipment performance, scheduling, quality control, and suggesting changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency and safety of the food service operations
- Attends all meetings and/or training sessions as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Culinary degree
- Creative and innovative culinary skills
- Banquet/Events experience
- Minimum 3 yrs. experience in managerial role within an upscale food and beverage operation
- Ability to be present at work for assigned schedule including, nights, weekends, holidays and extended hours when required
- Experience in merchandizing - visual display
- Participate and assist in buying for our boutique products
Ideal candidate will have:
- Thorough knowledge of food handling and preparation techniques
- Prior experience in an upscale restaurant
- Prior hospitality experience
- Experience simultaneously managing multiple events and/or venues
- Understanding of food and labor cost controls
- Experience developing production sheets and schedules, job duties, and timelines
- Proven leadership skills for achievement of goals while maintaining a high expectation of quality and presentation of standards
- Proven ability to build and sustain a team spirit and high morale
- Computer Skills: knowledge of MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit, use hands to manipulate equipment, and to talk and hear. The team member is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move supplies weighing up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard, calculator and other office/restaurant equipment.
For more information about this hotel and Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG), click on Hotel Portfolio tab and About PHG.
Balboa Bay Resort is an equal opportunity and E-Verify Employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.