• High school education, GED, or equivalent experience.
• Culinary degree highly preferred.
• Minimum 3 years in a culinary management position; 7 years in Kitchen operations in an upscale, high volume hotel/resort. Prefer hotel experience as Banquet Chef and/or Sous Chef. Experience working all stations, banquets, managing labor and food costs; OR an equivalent level of education and experience.
• Excellent culinary knowledge of trends and skills, local market and culinary leaders with exceptional creativity.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum operating efficiency while ensuring adherence to established operating criteria.
• Outstanding management, organization, communication and leadership skills.
• Extensive menu development and budget preparation experience.
• Ability to successfully coordinate staff in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
• Exhibit good working knowledge of meeting or exceeding budgeting labor/food cost.
• Have a genuine desire to lead the team in producing a high quality product.
• Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhering to all OSHA and local health department regulations.
• Moderate comprehension and literacy required to read recipe cards and procedures.
• Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
• Participate in all hotel required meetings and trainings.
•Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Should possess computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
• Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the majority in a standing position.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. We require consent to pre-employment drug testing for all positions.