A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts. Mandarin Oriental now operates, or has under development, over 11,000 rooms in 24 countries with 21 hotels in Asia, nine in The Americas and 16 in Europe, Middle East, North Africa.
Our aim is to be widely recognized as the best luxury hotel group in the world, providing exceptional customer satisfaction in each of our hotels. The growth strategy of our Group is to successfully operate 11,000 rooms in major business centers and key leisure destinations around the world, whilst continuing to expand our presence globally. Our current portfolio reaches across four continents, and we remain firmly on track with our development plans. The Group regularly receives international recognition and awards for our legendary service hospitality
About Mandarin Oriental, New York
A stunning fusion of modern design with stylish Oriental flair, Mandarin Oriental, New York features 248 elegant guestrooms and suites — all with breathtaking views of Manhattan and Five-Star hospitality. Luxurious amenities include Asiate, the hotel's elegant restaurant; The Aviary designed by Tihany Design and with dramatic views of Central Park; a 14,500-square-foot, Five-Star Mandarin Oriental Spa; and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a 75-foot lap pool. In addition, there is premium meeting and event space, including a 6,000-square-foot pillar-less ballroom with three walls of windows overlooking Central Park. Located in Columbus Circle's Time Warner Center, Mandarin Oriental, New York is in an idyllic location just steps away from world-class dining, shopping and entertainment, including the Broadway Theater District, Lincoln Center, Central Park, Jazz at Lincoln Center and the Time Warner Center's collection of upscale retail shops and restaurants.
Scope of Position
Daily communication between all Culinary/F&B/operational department is very essential. Internal & external communication is of utmost importance. Respect and communication will promote an excellent environment in which to work and will provide for your guests a welcome feeling. You are expected to be a "team player," anticipate guest needs, and provide guests & colleagues with a friendly experience.
The Executive Chef reports to the Hotel Manager while overseeing all culinary operations.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Lead and provide essential vision to the culinary operation. Deliver quality to guests and satisfaction to the colleagues though learning and development, team building and interaction. The Executive Chef is responsible for the entire culinary operation as well as financial responsibilities to our shareholders and corporate offices.
- Prepare in accordance with quality, availability and seasonality and ensure market lists are completed on a daily and weekly basis
- Plan, coordinate and supervise all menu planning and implementation
- Organize food production in an cost effective and hygienic manner
- Be responsible for recruitment, training and discipline of all kitchen staff
- Be responsible for and accountable for the departmental operating budget
- Propose, and initiate when approved, new services and products for our guests
- Controlling & being accountable to the effort in achieving both Food & Labor Cost Goal
- Control food cost by maintaining food standards at reasonable cost through liaison with the Purchasing Department to check prices, market price fluctuation, quality, etc.
- Forecasting/Weekly/Monthly/Actual versus Forecast
Organizational Skill Requirements
- Thorough knowledge or Gastronomy
- Working knowledge of beverages
- Extensive knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Ability to dictate responsibility, pay attention to detail, handle multiple tasks and show a high level of patience
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years in the luxury hotel culinary business
- Minimum of Five years Management Experience As a Restaurant Chef, Executive Sous Chef Or Executive Chef