For us, hotels aren't simply places to sleep, they're places where dreams are born.
We encourage our employees to make their mark while giving back to their communities and saving the environment.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for the kitchen operations and culinary efforts of multiple kitchens and outlets across the property, under the guidance of the Executive Chef. S/he will train and motivate staff to exceed goals, while balancing profitability metrics. With focus on quality and production levels, the Executive Sous Chef will lead the culinary team on their mission to exceed customers’ expectations related to food quality and dining experience.Essential Functions
- Prepares operating and capital budgets and operates the kitchen within those guidelines
- Communicates openly and professionally with guests and staff
- Responsible for training and development of the Sous Chefs and other culinarians
- Must be able to professionally communicate with all team members
- Consistently practice safe and sanitary food handling techniques
- Maintain workstation and equipment safety and cleanliness
- Able to work flexible hours and days
- Two year culinary arts degree required
- Three to five years management experience required
- Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products, and food service equipment
- Previous experience maintaining professional and respectful work relationships